JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: PoC Easter Eggs  (Read 20844 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: PoC Easter Eggs
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2010, 03:01:21 PM »

Quote from: "Sureshot"
It also may depend how hot your water supply is. I know my hot water tank is set lower than most, so I don't burn myself in the shower. Thusly the water is not hot enough to boil and pop. Gotta use the kettle or microwave for that.

ya that might have something to do with it never thought of that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

Anther quick question after you crack the torso, do you Krazy Glue to put it back together?  Or do you use epoxy?
Lurking

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

I like the hair dryer idea. I had a COMPLETELY warped winshield for my WHALE. 
After 20 years I put the hair dryer to it, bent it back and then once it cooled - perfect.
That is the epitomy of a band-aid fix. Easy, cheap and works perfectly.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »

Not an Easter Egg, but a dandy use for an item most folks might not find a use for:

The barb wire roll that comes with Dusty--stick it on the brush-guard ( the fold up frame on the front ) on the DTC Night Ops Humvee.

That or it might work on the front of the Dred Knoks Thunder Machine.
Just tuck the ends around the frame, no need to intertwine the whole thing.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
Not an Easter Egg, but a dandy use for an item most folks might not find a use for:
The barb wire roll that comes with Dusty--stick it on the brush-guard ( the fold up frame on the front ) on the DTC Night Ops Humvee.
That or it might work on the front of the Dred Knoks Thunder Machine.
Just tuck the ends around the frame, no need to intertwine the whole thing.

That sounds cool! Do you have a pic?
Lurking

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »

Yeah, the water here would take forever to heat up, when I used the boil and pop I heated it up in the microwave.  But the hairdryer is way faster and easier, I've removed a good number of lower arms, hands, and feet with the hair dryer.  In fact, the only problems I've had is with the SRO Ace.  One of his hands tore when I pulled without heating, and later with another sro ace, the same thing happened on the same hand when I boiled.  The hardest elbow joint I removed was roc cover girl, but it did come out okay.  I haven't tried to remove poc parts yet.

On the predator recipe, when I looked closely at the details of the predator, it seems the parts don't match as well as they should.  But the lower legs of the tornado kick snake eyes are the ones for the predator I think.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »

I have a feeling we will need to paint the Predator figure to be happy with it. 
Lurking

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
I have a feeling we will need to paint the Predator figure to be happy with it. 
Yeah, I kinda expect that given the easter egg nature of this BaP. But even if we have to paint it, I hope we'll at least get all the pieces. Then again, I'm not buying extras right now, so I'll have to track down the pieces after the fact if we do get them all. I don't really want to buy extras if we're not getting the whole thing. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I want to buy extras unless they're on clearance. That will be one expensive predator! But I get the sense we won't see this line on clearance!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »

I just did the Boil and Pop on the PoC figs and it worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip!
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »

I just got my Recondo from my local Action Figure specialty store.  I think when you take his vest off, he really looks like Jesse Ventura in the credits of Predator when he is wearing the MTV t shirt and the harness.  When extra's come available I am going to use him for my Blaine custom.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »

Quote from: "SnowHawk"
I just got my Recondo from my local Action Figure specialty store.  I think when you take his vest off, he really looks like Jesse Ventura in the credits of Predator when he is wearing the MTV t shirt and the harness.  When extra's come available I am going to use him for my Blaine custom.

The Mini gun that came with the movie version of Heavy Duty works really well for "Old Painless".
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Quote from: "SnowHawk"

The Mini gun that came with the movie version of Heavy Duty works really well for "Old Painless".

Marauder John has a cut-down version of his mingun (with backpack) that is a very good duplication of "Old Painless."  In fact, the description on the item even says "similar length to the weapon used in Predator."  I have one, and it's a freaking awesome setup.  See here: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=315
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!