JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wave 12 (Wave 8 2008) "Bonus Wave pics on yojoe.com  (Read 3376 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Wave 12 (Wave 8 2008) "Bonus Wave pics on yojoe.com
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:13:24 AM »

I'n not sure what, if any, policy there is about linking to other sites, so feel free to add a link.

Hasbro's "Bonus" wave now has some pics.

We get 6 figures.

Tripwire (desert scheme) w/meteor element.  Doesn't look significantly different from the comic pack version, but at least he comes with the element.

Storm Shadow w/ninja gear.  Looks to be a wave 1 SS, but all white and with "ninja gear."

Cobra Diver w/heavy water element.  This looks to be a pretty sweet figure.  It is just torpedo in red, with black down the middle.  I like it, but it seems kind of moot with the Eel coming out so near.

Ripper.  Overall he looks exactly like the comic pack version, just the colours appear to be lighter.

Cobra Trooper.  Same as wave 1, but with a red emblem.  Apparently a lot of fans have been asking for this.

Python Patrol Crimson Guard.  Finally, we get another figure to add to the PP ranks.  It will be nice to have.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 12 (Wave 8 2008) "Bonus Wave pics on yojoe.com
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »

No problem in posting a link to another site provided the information looks legit.

http://yojoe.com/magazine/2008/08/image ... s-wave.jpg

As for Tripwire, this one looks different than the comic pack in terms of the chest and arm padding. It looks to be smooth.

As for the rest, I get a meh vibe going from my end.  I may army build some of the Troopers only if I can find them in Canada.  Otherwise, I will save my money and try to keep up with the line.  So far so, good.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »

Tripwire (desert scheme) w/meteor element - meh, need the element only
Storm Shadow w/ninja gear - because the other stuff he came with was camping gear...
Cobra Diver w/heavy water element - we're getting EEls need I say more? Do want the water element though
Ripper - will get him for the cardart retro packaging, disappointed in the colours though
Cobra Trooper - might pick some of these up, might
Python Patrol Crimson Guard - ugly in 1989 and ugly in 2008 - a crimson guard with no crimson *shrug*

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:34:37 AM »

Quote from: "Bandalero"
Python Patrol Crimson Guard - ugly in 1989 and ugly in 2008 - a crimson guard with no crimson *shrug*

I absolutely agree. Fugliest figure released in the line, even beating out Ice Cream Soldier.

I am now sure that we're going to get everything that ever showed in a comic pack in a single pack, so I have pretty much no desire to go out and make an effort to hunt comic packs.

For instance, Tripwire.

- R
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:33:10 AM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Quote from: "Bandalero"

I absolutely agree. Fugliest figure released in the line, even beating out Ice Cream Soldier.

What did Ice Cream Soldier ever do to you? The name doesn't roll off the tongue, but the figure's not bad. Sure, the Shock Viper repaints improved it, but still, the original makes for a passable Viper of some kind.
Updated!

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:20 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"

What did Ice Cream Soldier ever do to you? The name doesn't roll off the tongue, but the figure's not bad. Sure, the Shock Viper repaints improved it, but still, the original makes for a passable Viper of some kind.

Ice Cream soldier rocks my socks. I love that figure, and figure mold.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »

The figure mold is great, just like the crimson guard figure mold is great. The coloring was crap. The shock viper is awesome. I have one in red and I call him ICS. ;-)

The fugly yellow without even a good incorporation of the pattern on th PP CG is the worst figure in a set of figures that used a dull horrid yellow as the main background color. AND add to that that I have no idea how you can call a figure a color name without actually having that color predominant on the figure is beyond me.

Also, just because you handle a flamethrower doesn't mean you get to wear yellow and orange into combat.

Yeah, I'm talking to you Blowtorch.

- R
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 11:01:31 AM »

Hey!
PP CG and ICS trashing is ok, but leave Blowtorch (nicknamed Lance femme intead of Lance flamme by my dad) alone! He's cool! Heck he even led my team for a while.
Say no to AFA.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »

Is this wave going to see regular release?  Will there be a chance the show up at Canadian retail?