JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: WOW! Talk about a big ticket price. Ebay item.  (Read 3690 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
WOW! Talk about a big ticket price. Ebay item.
« on: August 31, 2008, 11:27:11 PM »

Hey Mods, if this is not the right place for this topic, please move it.

I had been watching 3 auctions by the same guy in toronto (goes by genxtoys).  I bought a complete w/box Sky Raven and a complete Night Raven (minus one bomb) w/ box and sealed Strato-Viper for $55 from him.  So when I saw he had more vehicles for sale, I of course kept an eye out.

Thankfully they went for some pretty high prices to keep my from thinking about it.  He had a MISB Thunderclap (US box) go for $200+.  A set w/Phantom x-19 and the 2nd JOE base, both MISB, both US boxes went for $300+.  Then the big one.  He had a Rolling Thunder (MISB, US box) that went for $1025!!!! 

I am always fascinated by these kinds of auctions.  It also makes me realize that Hasbro needs to get us a large vehicle/playset in the 25th line.  Hopefully all the chatter about a Terrordrome will make Hasbro look twice at possibly doing one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: WOW! Talk about a big ticket price. Ebay item.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:22:49 AM »

I'm not "that" surprised by the prices of them - since they are Sealed. Every item you listed is over 20 years old, and 20 years ago people weren't putting things aside sealed. ;-)

Still, anytime anything Joe sells for over $1000.00, I'm a little shocked (Rarer items, internationals, etc excluded)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »

I still have a sealed Mauler in my collection. That means Heavy Metal has his mic. I've often wondered what that would go for if I sold it on ebay. If it reached the $1000.00 then I think I would sell it. It's sitting in my attic and $1000.00 could go towards something like a new plasma TV for when I redo my living room in a couple of years.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

I have to say, if I had the cash, I'd put that down on a sealed Rolling Thunder.  And Mauler.  And Tommahawk...  and whatever else I could.  This is assuming I hit some kind of huge Jackpot, though.

Makes you wonder who it is buying THIS one.  The latest millionaire letting loose?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Hey Morgardee, I'm not sure you would get $1000 for it sealed.

If it is a US box, then it will go for a good bit of change.  As well, if you were willing to go with AFA (I won't go into them here), then you would probably get $1000 for it (depending on the quality of the box).

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:34:11 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"

If it is a US box, then it will go for a good bit of change.  As well, if you were willing to go with AFA (I won't go into them here), then you would probably get $1000 for it (depending on the quality of the box).

I think he'd get close to $1000.00 for it. If it's in a CND box, he may have two people that HAVE to have one of everything from every country bidding on it. I know of two people that would have no problems dropping that amount of cash on a sealed item like that.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:38:30 AM »

You've given me something to think about Mike. I might try it some time with a high reserve price and see what happens.

Then again, I might not. I need to think about it.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Quote from: "canprime"

I think he'd get close to $1000.00 for it. If it's in a CND box, he may have two people that HAVE to have one of everything from every country bidding on it. I know of two people that would have no problems dropping that amount of cash on a sealed item like that.

That's the beauty of Ebay.  Timing can make all the difference.  One week, you get people like you said, then the next, those people are not surfing.

That is what happened with my Sky Raven/Night Raven purchase.  The Sky Raven alone should have gone for close to $55, but I managed to get both for $55.

Good Luck with whatever you decide Morgadee

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »

I've still been toying with the idea of selling my MISB Mauler as I'm looking for a new car right now. I've found one MISB on ebat right now. I'm going to watch this auction and it will give me a fair idea of what mines is worth and if I want to sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0304105601

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »

Isn't your's a CND box Morg?
Do you have any special offers on the box?

These things also play into how much an item sells for. Just so you know. ;-)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 08:44:38 AM »

Yeah, it's a Canadian box but it displays very well and has everything inside. The tape on the one side came off so I can slide the bagged contents out. I've already made sure Heavy Metal has his mic.

Think that will work against me?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Yeah, it's a Canadian box but it displays very well and has everything inside. The tape on the one side came off so I can slide the bagged contents out. I've already made sure Heavy Metal has his mic.

Think that will work against me?

The 2 big things that will "work against you" are that it is a CDN box.  Vintage collectors tend to be sticklers for US packaging, especially in a line where Hasbro made the effort to change stickers based on market (CDN vs. US).  Also, the open box makes it not MISB technically.  Yes everything is still sealed, but it is technically open.  That will also work against you somewhat.

I think you need to keep your expectations in check.  As much as you may want to think otherwise, you won't get as much as the one that is sealed and US packaging.  You will still get hundreds for it, but I would hazard a guess that you are looking at, at least, 10% less than the US one.

However, it is Ebay, and you never know what can happen.  You might just get lucky and hit a time period where there are some deep pockets competing for your item.