JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The Return of the Zellers 50% Rise Of Cobra Toys Sale!  (Read 18799 times)

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of the Zellers 50% Rise Of Cobra Toys Sale!
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2010, 02:39:33 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Zellers has a 40% off sale on clearence items.  GI Joe with a yellow sticker is on sale.  And no the Target Exclusives are still at regular price.  I did not scan the Rhino to see if it was scanning lower then $49 but the others are still at $29.99. 

Those darn deluxe figures are going to rot on the pegs before they decide to clearance them. What are they waiting for?  ???

OB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

They must have had some strange corporate deal on the Target packs from last year that they'd end up overpriced nationally, and that even 10 months later we are not seeing them at a decent price. I would call them on the shenanigans I saw today if I really needed the sets, but I cashed in on Midnight Madness last Xmas and I have all I need (got at 15 bucks at the time). I just assume Zellers managers in general are somewhat clueless and don't care about the toy section.
I figured out how to change my signature!

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »

dang!  can't believe they are still at that price.  most zellers in my area have tons of these and are crowding up POC space as far as I see.  I was in Buffalo a couple of months ago and Target had these on clearance at $6.49 and an additional 50% off of that.
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »

I scanned the Rhino, figuring that it may count as ''already reduced'' since the price came down to 50$ from 80$ a while back. Still scanning at 50$  >:(

OB

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 03:09:05 PM »

Quote from: "Oreobuilder"
I scanned the Rhino, figuring that it may count as ''already reduced'' since the price came down to 50$ from 80$ a while back. Still scanning at 50$  >:(

OB

This is the same as the x-wing and tie fighters. They reduced them but the reduced prices became their new regular price, as they don't show up in their computers as "reduced", even though they scan at the reduced price. Therefore, with no yellow sticker and nothing indicating in the computer, you can't argue these were reduced. As far as any employee would know, they were always at this price.

Also, the target RoC stuff has yellow stickers, but the yellow stickers are showing the regular price. It's a bit of a joke.

Thankfully their new star wars target exclusives are coming in at prices almost the same as the US. Seems they did learn from their mistakes, but they're being stubborn on the old stuff.

K.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 02:51:55 AM »

The zellers clearance is always only like 2 bucks it is a joke.

K.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »

Time to really keep an eye out for the target exclusives because a number of zellers are on the way out and are being replaced by targets.

The plan is to keep a few zellers brand stores around and phase out others to make way for actual target stores in the spring. Wether this means the current zellers stock gets slashed even lower I'm not sure but best to keep a lookout.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »

It's about time... I know Zellers has a big name in Canada, but the stores have fallen from grace long time ago.  I would totally support the store if they changed the name back to Towers and Bonimart!  So Welcome Target.
Lurking

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
It's about time... I know Zellers has a big name in Canada, but the stores have fallen from grace long time ago.  I would totally support the store if they changed the name back to Towers and Bonimart!  So Welcome Target.
Yes, well... Will a mere name change suffice to get the employees to take better care of the toy section? :p
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »

Quote from: "K.B."
Time to really keep an eye out for the target exclusives because a number of zellers are on the way out and are being replaced by targets.

The plan is to keep a few zellers brand stores around and phase out others to make way for actual target stores in the spring. Wether this means the current zellers stock gets slashed even lower I'm not sure but best to keep a lookout.
I have read that Target is PREPARING to move into Canada and that they will open about 200 stores up here over the next 10 years or so, but the kicker is the first 6 to 10 stores would be open by 2014 or 2015.........so its a few years off yet.
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 10619.html

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 06:34:29 AM »

I'd love to see Target in Canada. They're much better organized in every department than even the best Zellers I've been in.
I figured out how to change my signature!

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »

Same company run by The Hudson Bay Company(worked for them).  Probably will just change the Zellers name to Target and modify the stores.  Also, chances are the exclusives would still be slow coming and pricey.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!