General Section > Customs

Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures

<< < (3/21) > >>

nighthawk:

--- Quote from: crazylegs on February 08, 2012, 06:55:36 PM ---It's all so awesome, my fave is the custom Rampart...is that the 25th Snake Eyes Winter Torso? If so man it looks so cool, my fave!

CL

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Yes, that is the 25th SE winter torso.

morgardee:
I like the Snowjob figure. I'm working on one myself right now but I need a set of white legs like you have to make it work.

nighthawk:
The new Falcon provided me one thing that was very useful, but useless on Falcon; his straps.  Once I saw them, I decided they were perfect for my Quick Kick.  Currently, Quick Kick's backpack magically stays on his back.  Well, now it can actually be more plausible as he now looks like he has straps from his backpack.  I also relocated the backpack peg too.  The yellow on his legs doesn't bother me so I left it as is.

Relocated backpack peg

So, there were 3 things I didn't like about the new Taurus:

1. Didn't like how he was always looking down (due to Recondo body)
2. Didn't like how the holster was so high so that when the gun is in it, the handle will stick into his face
3. Most importantly, hated how the kneepads prevented him from standing up straight.

Here are my fixes:

Modified his neck joint so he can look forward (still looks weird by from upfront, it's better than him looking down)

Moved the holster down lower on the webgear (realized that by just cutting the hole on the bottom of the holster to let the pistol go all the way down, it might have solved the problem...Darn!  Anyone got an extra Taurus webgear they don't need?)

Modified the knees so now he can stand straight.

I really wish the new Falcon didn't have any blue.  If he didn't have blue, I would have used the 25th webgear and gear and called it my new Falcon.  Instead, Hasbro had to give the green beret a blue one and the blue shoulder pads.  Ended up modding the new parts onto the 25th Falcon body and came up with my new Falcon.

Sundance:
the only blue he should have on him is his Special Forces tab and the SF insignia.

nighthawk:
Very simple parts and gear swap.  I know, he doesn't have a silver sigil, but I want it to be reversible, plus, Hasbro has released Cobra Officers in the past with red sigils on a few occassions so I'm ok with the red logo.

With Scarface

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version