General Section > Customs

Nighthawk's modern updates on vintage Joe ARAH figures

<< < (2/21) > >>

nighthawk:
Not sure where to put him but here's an LBC of the new Tunnel Rat.  I need some suggestions on who I can make him into as I don't want him to be Tunnel Rat.  Were there any other Asian looking Joes that were not Martial Artists?

I really like the Renegades Tunnel Rat, but I felt he needed to have a vest and a way to hold all his gear so this is what I came up with.  However, I don't really want to use him as Tunnel Rat. 

Oh yeah, all his gear except his laptop is either in the backpack or just stuck into the side of his vest.  The Recondo vest actually has a hole in the side which is how I attached the stove and frying pan.  No mod was necessary.

I think one of the reasons it doesn't look that good with the backpack on is that the hole in the vest doesn't line up with the backpack hole, so the vest looks too big on him.  I took some pics without the backpack.  What do you think?  Just wanted some opinions before making the hole in the vest bigger so it can sit lower even with backpack.  Also, in person, the pouches on the vest actually very closely to his thigh pouches and the vest color matches his gloves and the light tan matches his pants...really, they do. :)

morgardee:
I would do 2 things to this guy. first off I would gas the head. It doesn't "fit" the body IMO. Either try Slayer Design Studio, cop a head off a Joe Vs Cobra figure or look for a decent Star Wars head and make him a new character.

Next thing I would do is minor but I'd take some goof off to the Joe star on the right shoulder of that vest. The star is too big and I find my eyes keep going back to it, distracting from the rest of what looks to be a very cool, sort of chunky figure. 

I have a SDS Ambush head I've been trying to think of what to do with. Your body (with camo stripes on the pants) would make a great body for the head.

BTW, I like your Static Line in the background. Where did that head come from?

nighthawk:
Thanks for the suggestions.  The Static Line head is just Renegades Ripcord's head with Jango Fett headset and VvV Gung Ho hat.  I'm still looking for a vintage Static Line backpack and antenna or any version of that backpack and antenna that was re-released, if anyone can help.

nighthawk:
I had a Snow Serpent that didn't have the fur collar (used it for my Frostbite custom)

Since I had the extra hood, I decided to just make one of my Snow Serpents different and I had a dremelled out Snow Serpent helmet that I got in a trade a long time ago so I thought, hey why not...the cartoon has Snow Serpents running around without the helmet but with a cobra trooper head and helmet.  Thought it would be neat.  Here's the results.

After getting the Renegades Ripcord, I decided that I really like his gear.  Here's the original Freefall I made:

With Ripcord's harness added now

However, I'm debating if I should use Ripcord's helmet as well.  What do you guys think?  Use Ripcord's helmet or the 2 piece one I made above?

I love the new Airtight.  However, one of the things I loved about the vintage one was the hose that connects to his helmet.  So I managed to get the vintage hose and backpack and modded it onto the new backpack.

For Lifeline, I got the backpack with already modded so I was able to just slap it on. 

crazylegs:
It's all so awesome, my fave is the custom Rampart...is that the 25th Snake Eyes Winter Torso? If so man it looks so cool, my fave!

CL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version