JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Kre-O  (Read 6901 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Kre-O
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 06:21:11 AM »

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

Kreo is on sale this week at TRU, 25% off. The flyer doesn't specify GI Joe kreo, so it's not immediately obvious, but it is included in the sale. Noticed all the ninja sets were gone at my local TRU, but they had at least one or two of each of the other sets. And of course no sign of the single packs. :(

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »

Picked up all the joe kreo sets on sale 25% off.
They are pretty cool!
cant wait for the blind packs to make it here. it took a while to put them all together... been years since i assembled lego sets.
my kids thought they were for them. No chance brats! these are mine!!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »

Man the Kreo sets are addicting. I purchased the Checkpoint Alpha for my brother (he's 10) before the sale and he really dug it. When the sale started we picked up the Armoured Assault and Dragonfly. Since then I've purchased the rest (with a couple put away for his birthday). He loves them and can't wait for the blind bags and wave 2 sets. Hopefully we'll get a crack at the blind bags. I feel like if they do show up whoever finds them first will clean them out. Damn scalpers...

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 10:46:22 PM »

Yeah with the sale it makes it easier to get more sets.  Also I went back and price adjusted for my earlier purchases.

Between these and the Transformers Kreons I'm going to be swamped with mini figs.  Honestly I think the microchanger gimmick gives the advantage to Transformers for mini-figs, but the "sets" are absolutely killer for GI Joe.  The designs of some of the smaller vehicles (Fang, Flight Pod, Water Moccasin) are just genius!!  Also, I can't believe how well most of the Battleship sets transferred over to GI Joe.  I mean the Battle Platform looks like it was originally designed to be part of a GI Joe line, and not a near complete transfer of a Battleship set.

Now c'mon TRU/Walmart/Target, get on the ball with the blind packs!!!

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »

These things really are awesome. I just put together the little ninja set and really like them. In that short little bit, I really don't feel any difference from lego. Perhaps as I fiddle around with them a bit more I might, but first impressions are that the quality is darn good. And what a load of fun putting the sets together. I am looking forward to putting together a couple more sets. I think I might be hooked on these!

I really hope these catch on with the kids. It's a great fit for GI Joe and the play value is fantastic. As much as I love the classic 3 3/4 line and it will never, ever be replaced, you get way more bang for your buck right now with these than with the 3 3/4 line. Much more affordable to army build, plus you get playsets! Say you have $100 to spend on joe stuff. With kreo you could get a few sets and end up with 5 or 6 vehicles, a playset, and a dozen or so figures. With 3 3/4 you'd maybe get 6 figures and 2 vehicles.

As much as I'm looking forward to getting Kwinn and the Tomahawk later this year I must say these are pretty awesome.

Kreo: Putting the fun back into GI Joe toys!!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »

Bought all the sets and loving the design.  Hoping to see some blind packs soon.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.