Site Stuff > Message Board News

Grunt 4 mpv asked a question, here's the answer.

(1/4) > >>

BHMike:

--- Quote from: grunt 4 mvp on March 22, 2013, 05:34:16 PM ---No traveller, no newsletter, no CanJoeCon...

In all seriousness, what can we do to build some momentum round these parts?

--- End quote ---

As I've suggested/asked for years:

Tell friends, other sites, collectors about the site.
Include links to JoeCanuck.com in your signature tag on other sites (I've seen people do this, well done!)
Volunteer to help with the con - on OUR schedule, drop off flyers at your local comic and toy stores, same with toy shows, comic conventions, etc. when we ask for people to help with the sets (painting, etc), spread that call for help around other sites. (We do reward you for this!)
When you DO help, don't hold up production until you get your way. That only gets you fired.
If the newsletter comes back, submit an article.

Keep in mind that you're not helping "me" personally, you're helping interest in G.I. Joe for yourself, and future collectors.

There's plenty, and some do some of it, and we're thankful.

G.I. Joe opens in two weeks. This site should be the main place Canadian Joe fans go to "Talk Joe", but it's not, and frankly I've spent 10 years trying to make it be just that. But without board members joining, recruiting and such, I don't have any urge to keep up things like Travelling Canuck, the Newsletter, etc.  This site wasn't made as a source of income, it was made so Joe fans from Canada could call it home and they could talk, trade, etc with fellow Canuckleheads.

I'd like to see it busier than it is,  but I'm tired of trying to do it all on my own.... At least, that's how it feels.

Ideally, I'd like to have someone post something weekly pertaining to Canadian Joe stuff on the JoeCanuck Facebook group, or twitter. I can't do it all on my own anymore. I'd like the Wiki to come back, and see a more diverse JoeCanuck.com site with Canadian info for collectors.

Some of these are ideas that have been tossed around before, and just were never taken care of for one reason or the other.

I personally have always been thankful for the help some of you board members have given. Your time has been appreciated, and it would be again in the future. You guys just need to decide if you still want a JoeCanuck.com around and what you want from it.
- Mike

grunt 4 mvp:
There's a call to action if ever there was one!  I've noticed it's been quiet too.

Maybe instead of just visiting, everyone should make an effort to "reply" to two threads each time they visit.  I know I come with a purpose; either to post something specific or read something specific. I rarely read other threads. I could make an effort to generate discussion on others' threads as well.
I know anytime Arrow, Prince de Lu or turner writes something, I read it, but I should check other posts too, and reply.

Also, keep referring others here. I know Martin has links in his signature on other sites - if I notice it, others do too.  I advertise during CanCon season, but should step up! 

I'm going to add Joecanuck to my signature on other sites too...right now!

* check your post count; set a mental goal each month
* post here FIRST instead of other boards
* post some pictures of collections
* organize an event and advertise it on the board (maybe the Montrealers go see the movie together, or maybe an informal 'trading barbeque' for the GTA)
* or just add to this thread with another idea you've done

Sundance:
i've been posting new pix and got nary a peep. i've also posted stories!

ARROW:
I visit the site daily, but I do not always comment or post.
I have GIJOE-themed art that I'd like to do, when I'm not doing paid work, which has been frequent this year ( thankfully). I still do kitbashes, but I'm not always taking pics to share--some are so simple it doesn't seem worthwhile sharing.
I still get inspired by what I see on-site here, still get interested in what others are doing with the hobby. I've seen participation come in cycles.....waves on most forums......peaks and lulls.  We'll have our turn again here.

grunt 4 mvp:

--- Quote from: Sundance on March 23, 2013, 12:40:58 PM ---i've been posting new pix and got nary a peep. i've also posted stories!

--- End quote ---

Yeah...if you take the time to set up a scene, take the pic, post it, then I should take a few measely seconds to comment and appreciate the effort. Or fire some constructive suggestions.
If not, I can see how you would find a different venue for your enthusiasm. 
Easy to rectify!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version