Site Stuff > Message Board News

Grunt 4 mpv asked a question, here's the answer.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eradicator:
It seems like other boards have less traffic as well. May be just a low in the cycle as previously mentioned.

morgardee:
Personally I liked the news letter the best. It always seemed to make a good buzz.

Yes, it was hard to put out a new article every month so going quarterly seemed like a good way to bring it back.

It would probably need a lot more guys writing on a regular basis. A small group of guys trying to make interesting articles every month gets hard.

Personally, when I did it I felt a certain amount of satisfaction in giving back to something I was very passionate about at the time. Now G.I. Joe doesn't play such a large role for me anymore. Life happens, my son has grown into his own comical character that occupies most of my time, work changes, I'm turning 41 this year, etc.

I'd like to see some younger guys step up and run with the ball (along with the current team) and see what could happen. I'm enjoying being a casual fan of G.I. Joe now.

One topic that could be approached for future news stories if the news letter ever came back was coast to coast Joe. What's it like being a fan in BC vs being a fan in PEI. Is there an native Indian fans and what was there take on G.I.Joe as a kid. Branch it out and get multicultural maybe.

pdaat:
One of the best times on this site has always been the lead up to the CJC. So much excitement and discussion!

The FB page is and always has been pretty quiet - only a few seem to follow it.  I would use the avenue if there was more of a presence there.

It love the site and the members.  I love the fact we don't have the flaming some "other" sites are plagued with.

Similar to morg, I have sons - I have been having kids longer than most of you.  Spytroops hooked my 17 year old.  I could not even get my 6 year old to pick anything Joe up until Kre-O.  Not much has really grabbed me this year - but Retaliation looks very good and the wave 2 Roadblock is awesome (and he is the first figure I have bought since CJC 2012).

The hobby in general is suffering.  We all see that.  Hopefully the movie and any push by Hasbro afterwards will bring us back.  Now that Clone Wars is done there is one less place to go.

Paul

martin-montreal:
Hello Mike,

What I like the best here on JoeCanuck:

* Getting news about product availability here in Canada
* Finding specific information about past and actual Canadian toys, stores, etc.
* Making deals with other Canadians
* The CJC, the Newsletter, etc.What I would like to see improved:

* Getting back the Edit button as asked here. More than a nice to have, the Edit button is useful to avoid multiple want and for sale lists. Actually, I stopped updating my list here, I'm leading people to my Yojoe list instead. Also, it let us removing few mistakes after hitting the post button.
* Better historical information about past CJC (maybe with the Wiki or on http://www.canadianjoecon.com/past.phpI know you are not pointing specific people. Everybody should ask himself what he can do. So I did my own review...

* From the 25th last new topics in General Joe Talk, 7 were started by me.
* Since 2009, I'm bringing from 2 to 4 guys at the CJC.
* Without anybody asking me, I found few mistakes in the CJC material... and never got a single "thank you". My goal wasn't to get something back. But just a thank you would have been appreciated.
* I gave some ideas and even offered my help without getting an answer  :-\ .
* I also made a follow-up with Yojoe about posting our CJC exclusives on their website, without real success  :'( but at least, I tried...So, I can probably do more, and I will try to improve my "performance", but I think I'm doing a fair part.

Martin

latinjoe22:
A few words that could help you Martin, and even me to some extent: sometimes the best deeds are the ones that go unnoticed, credited or uncredited for. Accept humility and self satisfaction for now, as well as the consolation prize that most of us know well and appreciate how each one of us has contributed in their own way to bring a little something to the table each day, and often each week lately. Everyone has their unique talent and approach. Perhaps it's time for each one of us to use our own talents and even combine them to do something we can't achieve on our own. We once talked you and me about organizing a local Meet. We never talked about it again. I tried to do one on my end, starting very small, but failed in getting that many people to come for reasons beyond my own control, and for reasons that had to do with choices I made.

There are things that we can certainly keep doing, perhaps better. Yet there are many other things that are yet to be done, and could benefit many others in ways that we haven't thought of yet.

This has been on my mind lately, and I wasn't able to clearly put it into words until you posted this. So thanks for sharing.

On a constructive note, I agree with you, the lack of a permanent "editing" capability is not very useful.

On a personal note with Gi joe in general, ever since Retaliation got postponed I was extremely disappointed to the point I was in no hurry to go see the movie. I was at a point I wasn't going to see it at all but I'm slowly coming back to my senses now, slowly. Add to that, my genuine disappointment with the movie toyline. Thankfully I took the opportunity to go back to the O-ring stuff and to the very unappreciated Star Brigade, Spy troops, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version