General Section > Off Topic

Combiner Wars

(1/6) > >>

Zenith27:
Anyone thinking about picking these up?

I bought the Arielbots minus the helicopter (can't find him yet) Dragstrip(?), and Powerglide. They're pretty cool and Superion certainty looks impressive. I thought the whole line was supposed to be all combiners but not the case after seeing Bombshell and others. That Devestator they're coming out with certainly looks impressive.

bandonov:
I was very impressed with Devastator, I will see how much it is before I go for it

canprime:
Yeah.

I was really down to just Masterpiece transformers and the odd other purchases when it came to Transformers, but this line is drawing me back in to main line stuff again.   On the plus side, I didn't get sucked into the third party craze of combiners, so I can get fairly high quality ones for a lot less.

Zenith27:

--- Quote from: canprime on February 19, 2015, 04:23:17 AM ---Yeah.

I was really down to just Masterpiece transformers and the odd other purchases when it came to Transformers, but this line is drawing me back in to main line stuff again.   On the plus side, I didn't get sucked into the third party craze of combiners, so I can get fairly high quality ones for a lot less.

--- End quote ---

I was the same. The last Hasbro thing I bought was their MP Starscream and Prime and before that the G1 re-issues. I started to dig those fancy updated ones (Blitzwing, Springer and such) but I was told the quality was poor so passed on them. I seriously considered some of the 3rd party stuff as well but the cost drove me away, especially with so many Masterpieces coming out in such a shot span.

My brother had Superion as a kid (still does in storage) and the new one is WAY better. Bigger, sturdier, more poseable, the robot modes are more true to the show. My biggest beef is Hasbro changing some of the vehicles around. How can some helicopter keep up with a team of jets?

Is there a new show coming that these toys are based on?

Sundance:
^comic, I believe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version