General Section > Off Topic

Combiner Wars

<< < (3/6) > >>

Zenith27:

--- Quote from: canprime on February 23, 2015, 03:28:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zenith27 on February 22, 2015, 01:28:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: canprime on February 22, 2015, 06:59:24 AM ---Yeah sorry.  Air Raid (black jet) is wave 2 of the deluxes.  Slingshot (white jet) is currently Takara (Japan) only, but there is a rumour that he will see a release later in the year (wave 4 possibly).  Which, like you said, makes sense since he will be released with the Takara version.

The belief is that Alpha Bravo (the helicopter) was done simply because it allowed for an easy repaint into Blades for Defensor.  However seeing as how they are releasing Slingshot in Japan, it doesn't really matter.

--- End quote ---

The only problem with getting Slingshot is that I read Superion will be sold as a set, rather than seperately. Kinda $$.

--- End quote ---

I went back and checked on some TF sites and there was a report that someone working at TRU found listings for Slingshot and the remaining Stunticon (I forget which name, Dead End?) in their system. 

So there is a chance they will see release down the line.  I would wait for Botcon and SDCC before making any decision to buy the Takara version.

--- End quote ---

Maybe there are 4 different jets in name only...

canprime:

--- Quote from: Zenith27 on February 26, 2015, 02:10:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: canprime on February 23, 2015, 03:28:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zenith27 on February 22, 2015, 01:28:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: canprime on February 22, 2015, 06:59:24 AM ---Yeah sorry.  Air Raid (black jet) is wave 2 of the deluxes.  Slingshot (white jet) is currently Takara (Japan) only, but there is a rumour that he will see a release later in the year (wave 4 possibly).  Which, like you said, makes sense since he will be released with the Takara version.

The belief is that Alpha Bravo (the helicopter) was done simply because it allowed for an easy repaint into Blades for Defensor.  However seeing as how they are releasing Slingshot in Japan, it doesn't really matter.

--- End quote ---

The only problem with getting Slingshot is that I read Superion will be sold as a set, rather than seperately. Kinda $$.

--- End quote ---

I went back and checked on some TF sites and there was a report that someone working at TRU found listings for Slingshot and the remaining Stunticon (I forget which name, Dead End?) in their system. 

So there is a chance they will see release down the line.  I would wait for Botcon and SDCC before making any decision to buy the Takara version.

--- End quote ---

Maybe there are 4 different jets in name only...

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that Slingshot is a repaint of Firefly so it would be 4 different mold and not just names.

Also, here is a pic of Viper (Powerglide repaint in Rattler colours w/ a new head) along with other wave 3 items:

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=26002&ss=as

morgardee:
I like the Power Glide as a Rattler Jet. Is there a story behind that one?

Zenith27:
Wave 2 is out here one the West Coast and I'm quite happy with Menasor. He's a bit short in the torso, Blackjack sticks his chest out kinda far, and Motormaster's tractor mode is too modern for my taste but I'm pleased with the new additions. The stunticons are really rather different transformation-wise which I like and all the robot modes are really great. I really like Huffer as well, better than Windcharger in any case and came with a gun this time. All they need to do now I announce a 2-pack with the replacement figs for Alpha Bravo and the truck guy and I'm set until Devastator and Defensor.

BludChylde:
Slingshot and Wildrider? They are being released later this month as Quickslinger and Brake-Neck as online available only. Not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere May 22.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version