General Section > Off Topic

Canadian dollar and your impact

<< < (3/3)

Pete The Greek:

--- Quote from: 80m8 on January 17, 2016, 10:42:32 PM ---I still look on ebay but I don't buy. the shipping price is exaggerated I cant understand why it so expensive and in the same time China can send stuff over the sea for nothing!

--- End quote ---

Just saw this article on my facebook, which would explain this (at least in the USA)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/09/12/the-postal-service-is-losing-millions-a-year-to-help-you-buy-cheap-stuff-from-china/

pdaat:
Yeah he dollar and the extra eBay shipping fees have all but killed eBay for me.

Zenith27:

--- Quote from: pdaat on January 29, 2016, 01:16:13 AM ---Yeah he dollar and the extra eBay shipping fees have all but killed eBay for me.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention that Paypal just jacked up it's conversion fees.

latinjoe22:
I mainly sell to US buyers who are more willing to buy now. And I tend to buy more domestically. Plus, as others mentionned it, Paypal really is making it harder and harder for both Canadian and US buyers to buy from each other. I Wonder why.... it is senseless because it's like commercial suicide for Paypal.

Oh, and I'm sure this is pretty much related to our dollar drop: there are more people at shows buying their stuff there now. More than before. Local shows seem to have drawn in more attendance as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version