General Section > General Joe Talk

Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?

<< < (3/78) > >>

canprime:
So the new Retro HISS 3 is pretty nice.  I never found the HISS, or AWE Striker, but of course I found the FANG.  What were there, like 5 million FANGs versus 2 HISS and AWE Strikers released in Canada?

Anyway, I still have a boxed 25th HISS with RIP IT, so the figure from this set doesn't do much for me.  However I do like the blue on this version.  I would have preferred a Crimson MMS version, but maybe we will get lucky and see one again someday.  I also despise the dirt paint deco on the treads, i prefer the clean look.

Anyway let's hope Walmart Canada gets this in significant numbers so I can find one.

canprime:
Well I lucked out and found CI Major Bludd this week at my local TRU.  No sign of Viper or Firefly.

I have to say, Major Bludd is without a doubt top 2 of figures released so far in the Classified line.  He is perfectly evokes the spirit of the original ARAH Bludd while having just enough updates to make him modern.  I actually prefer him without his helmet on, but either way still works.  Great job by whoever did the design work on this figure.

canprime:
Another lucky week.

Snagged both Firefly and Viper from my local TRU.  Someone posted the sighting on another board and I hightailed it there.  Supposedly they had about 10 each of Firefly, Bluud and Viper when the first guy saw them.  Once I bought mine (2 of each), there were about 5 of each left. 

Firefly is a great figure.  I love all the accessories he comes with, and I love the face sculpt under the make.  I still don't like the blast(?) vest they put on him.  I get why they did, but I don't really like it, I prefer the old look.  Which is what we could get if the vest was removable, but it isn't!!!  Well it is, but you have to do the whole remove his head and arms to stretch it over the body.  Still a pretty good figure overall though.

The Viper is a really great looking figure, but it has a bunch of small problems that really detract from the figure.  It is a great update to the Viper look, while still evoking the original look.  However the goggles are now a separate piece, which sounds like a good idea, but they don't sit well on the helmet and easily fall off with a slight movement.  The neck scarf is also a separate piece which, again, sounds like a good idea.  However you have to take the head off to put it on/off.  So I can see wear and tear being a concern a few years down the road. 

Hasbro has done a good job with accessories/storage for this line.  So while the Viper comes with a bunch of accessories, the big downside is there is nowhere to store his rifle on the body/backpack.  The backpack is huge and there is ample space to put the rifle on it, but for some reason Hasbro didn't bother.  So you have to either leave it aside, or he has to carry it all the time.

Finally the helmet has a bit of a scratch on the top, that I think came from the constant movement of the goggles.  As well there was a bit of a scratch on the face plate near one side that I didn't see when I bought him.

So like I said, both are pretty good figures (Viper is better IMO), but there are a few design choices that I feel detract from the figures.  Bludd is by far the best of those three I have recently picked up.

Pete The Greek:
I will need to check out a TRU down the road.  It's been a while.

canprime:

--- Quote from: Pete The Greek on August 09, 2021, 04:35:10 PM ---I will need to check out a TRU down the road.  It's been a while.

--- End quote ---

Prepare to be disappointed.  LOL

I don't know what you'll find at your local TRU, but the Joe selection is pretty limited, and depending on the location they could be in the video game section rather than the regular aisles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version