General Section > General Joe Talk

Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?

<< < (12/78) > >>

canprime:

--- Quote from: akpayne on November 22, 2022, 08:46:18 AM ---Serpentor arrived yesterday.  Amazing figure - debatable if it was actually worth what I paid to ship it from HasbroPulse.
Love the look and scale of the figure!  Sadly was the first classified figure that had a stuck joint - had to do several attempts with warm water to free up his left elbow.

--- End quote ---

Honestly now having sat on him for a bit more, I can say he isn't worth the Pulse price (due to exchange, shipping, etc.).   And I would say he is definitely overpriced from Gamestop as well.  I paid $132 after tax from Gamestop and while I still love the whole thing, it isn't worth more than $100Cdn.   Mindbender at $70+tax is insane.  He is a basic figure, with fancy packaging.  His accessories are nice, but the accessory count isn't more than some standard releases at half the price. 

I'm sure both Mindbender and Serpentor will see another release, at retail, down the line.  However I would expect that both of them will either be the same figure with limited accessories, and no air chariot for Serpentor.  Or alternate colour schemes for Serpentor and possibly a different look for Mindbender (white lab coat?)

akpayne:
I totally agree, there hasn't been a "deluxe" figure that is worth more than $60.  If they are aiming for this higher price point, I want swappable heads/hands/ and painted accessories.  I also think too many "exclusives" kill a line.

canprime:
ToyBro on Twitter posted pics from someone in Singapore who got a Skystriker.  Don't know if it is already releasing there, or they snagged a copy early somehow. 

Either way the box is pretty big, looks a bit like the Razor Crest box.  The exterior is the classic ARAH look, but it looks a lot deeper, probably to hold all the extra accessories and the 7(!!!!)
figures.

Soon my pretty, soon.........

akpayne:
Zarana, Dusty and a CG arrived from Amazon this week.   Wow Zarana I think just moved into my fav figure of this line.
All three had no problem with stuck/stiff joints,  Hasbro might finally have the kinks worked out.

martin-montreal:
I got my CG today from Amazon.ca. Joints are really stiff on legs. I won't move them too much to avoid any problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version