General Section > General Joe Talk

Skystriker and the return of o-ring!!!

(1/13) > >>

bishop:
Haslab is crowdfunding the skystriker... cool, however, they are returning to o-ring figures!!! I am so excited to see new o-ring figures such as pilot scarlet, crew staff, etc.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/g-i-joe-skystriker

canprime:
No word of a lie, but I nearly shed a tear at that Skystriker reveal.  I was already so excited by the Classified, and o-ring, reveals, but that Skystriker had me going nuts.  And all those accessories, figures, vehicles, etc. etc. etc. 

I know it is expensive, but it is Haslab so you have to accept a little sticker shock when they reveal them.  I'm definitely in for 1, but most likely 2 since shipping will cost the same whether I order 1, or 2.

I love that the classic O-ring style is back.  I have no problem with Retro, but I felt the new figures were too "gummy" and not interesting enough to warrant the price.  I also think Hasbro saw what other lines were doing (MOTU:O, TMNT, etc.) and the success they had with giving fans the vintage (styled) figures they always wanted.  I was a little bummed at first when I saw SE/SS were packed in a box, but then found out they come on their classic cards!!!!!

Just too bad they are Pulse exclusives, so I have to bite the bullet on them, but hopefully I can find some other stuff on the site to take the sting out of the shipping costs.

B:
This is amazing! I have to figure out a way to get this without wife killing me.

EDIT: Ok I think the Skystriker is out for me.....sad reality is I simply can't afford it. With shipping and and exchange it just too far out of reach. In the last 2-3 years I managed to buy a flagg and a terrordrome and that took all my extra cash from years of saving. This makes me sad since acquiring a skystriker is now my top most wanted vehicle and this is just an amazing example with lots of extras. Looks like quite a bit of difference from the original and the 30th anniversary. I need more pictures.

The snake eyes and storm shadow I might be able to convince the wife to swing for Christmas but if I can't anyone want to pick me up a set of those two? I didn't have either of these figures originally and I have to say I like they went with Snake Eyes commando version which  has been my preferred version.

bishop:
Same here... space IS an issue too. While I am so glad so it redone, I have the 25th anniversary one and I am afraid the quality is the same.

B:
Bishop - is the quality not good? For the 30th skystriker I thought quality was ok. Different type of plastic but I didn't think it was that bad.

For the skystriker I just love everything about it. Love the new canopy opening, the payload options, even the freakin' ladder to get into the plane.
As a flagg owner this just screams a must and even more so if they unlock and can get some of the deck crew. I'd like like 12 of those guys but I'd repaint them a couple different colours to really get a great deck crew.

ARRGH! I really wish I had the money....*sob* *sob*

I agree space is an issue but I would probably keep this at my work office.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version