JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Skystriker and the return of o-ring!!!  (Read 9533 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Skystriker and the return of o-ring!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 03:19:38 PM »

Oh well, I missed that 😥 Do you know if I can still order this Skystriker?

I saw some informations saying US only. Do you guys had problems ordering from Canada?

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 08:23:22 AM »

Devastated that o-rings wouldn't have retail support, somehow i missed that................. probably saved my marriage though. HAHA!
That instantly almost makes them not affordable if I have to pay in US funds, and ship from the US. I was hoping for characters at maybe $12-15 CDN range. 

Hopefully I would like to see some troop builder packs including green shirts but from all branches (could even do a big 8 figure flagg deck crew set using that unlocked tier which I think is a given considering since the tooling will already exist).  I can live with new vehicles through haslabs but my support would be few and far between so I would want to know what they were doing for the whole year ahead of time as I could only back 1 or 2 depending on costs.

I'd also love to see some dress uniforms figures...obviously that limits the action but I always liked the dress marine gung-ho. He just didn't work because he was the only one.

As I type this I guess i really just want a do-over of the vintage line. I guess a can say I'm not a collector, I'm a person who enjoys playing with toys and I want my sons to have that same access to toys having them just sit there is counter to their purpose. Yep projecting onto my kids, but I won't apologize for that.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 08:26:38 AM »

Oh well, I missed that 😥 Do you know if I can still order this Skystriker?

I saw some informations saying US only. Do you guys had problems ordering from Canada?

Martin! good to see you.  No problem ordering. It specifically states Canada is included in the details

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2022, 12:58:31 PM »

So I saw the update from HasbroPulse about the next o-rings. Awesome choices but obviously this is what they had planned anyways before they had to add the cobra group to the skystriker set.

I like the cobra trooper and officer. Excellent although i wish this came in a 3 or 4 pack. Need more troopers then officers. I'll take 2 packs please. hopefully price isn't crazy.

Between that and the cobra commander we're getting with the skystriker set all we need is an updated cobra missle command centre which would be a great haslab. But it should  be made of plastic (including the background) and give it a bit of an update.

The cobra commander and duke set is cool. I'll probably pass on that though (maybe). I don't really have the same connection with the cartoon as opposed to the comics.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 09:35:56 AM »

So I saw the update from HasbroPulse about the next o-rings. Awesome choices but obviously this is what they had planned anyways before they had to add the cobra group to the skystriker set..

Do you have a link?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »

So I saw the update from HasbroPulse about the next o-rings. Awesome choices but obviously this is what they had planned anyways before they had to add the cobra group to the skystriker set.

I like the cobra trooper and officer. Excellent although i wish this came in a 3 or 4 pack. Need more troopers then officers. I'll take 2 packs please. hopefully price isn't crazy.

Between that and the cobra commander we're getting with the skystriker set all we need is an updated cobra missle command centre which would be a great haslab. But it should  be made of plastic (including the background) and give it a bit of an update.

The cobra commander and duke set is cool. I'll probably pass on that though (maybe). I don't really have the same connection with the cartoon as opposed to the comics.

You know they re-did the Missile Command as a SDCC exclusive in 2017 right?  It was basically the same as the original, with better quality pieces (stronger than the original cardboard).  As well as three 3.75" figures (25th style, not O-ring).

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2022, 09:19:48 AM »

So I saw the update from HasbroPulse about the next o-rings. Awesome choices but obviously this is what they had planned anyways before they had to add the cobra group to the skystriker set..

Do you have a link?

https://youtu.be/ySgZfE6f12M. Somwehere around the 19 minute mark

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2022, 09:25:12 AM »

You know they re-did the Missile Command as a SDCC exclusive in 2017 right?  It was basically the same as the original, with better quality pieces (stronger than the original cardboard).  As well as three 3.75" figures (25th style, not O-ring).

I'm aware of the 2017 release but that's not quite what I mean. I want the background to be playable, Have some actual depth to the set. I want to be able to place a figure in the tunnel. Have an actual ladder going down. It should come with  those orange vehicles. An actual 3d missile.  A working over head led light etc. I'd like to swap the missile and put a rattler in there to make a cool hanger. That kind of update.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2022, 04:37:37 PM »

I'm aware of the 2017 release but that's not quite what I mean. I want the background to be playable, Have some actual depth to the set. I want to be able to place a figure in the tunnel. Have an actual ladder going down. It should come with  those orange vehicles. An actual 3d missile.  A working over head led light etc. I'd like to swap the missile and put a rattler in there to make a cool hanger. That kind of update.

That would be great, but unfortunately in today's market I would hate to see what the asking price for that would be.

Frankly for the short term, I would be happy if Hasbro broke out the play sets again (LAW, Surveillance Port, etc.) in the classic ARAH packaging to go with the new O-ring line.  Then hopefully, if they did well, Hasbro might consider taking a risk again.

Also now that they have Haslab, I don't see Hasbro taking a risk on that kind of playset (Missile Command) anymore.  So if there is a chance it would probably have to be through Haslab so Hasbro doesn't have to risk a loss, and can overcharge the buyers.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2022, 12:18:32 PM »

yeah that's what i mean about getting an updated missile command - through HasLab. It would be real tempting at $300 range.

I 100% agree with you on the smaller playsets. I wonder what they would price at,$50-75 range? I'd maybe get 1 for Christmas.

What i would really love for them to do is repo parts for vehicles. Maybe that would kill the investment but I'm missing some pieces for my flagg (and 98% of all my vehicles) and I just refuse to pay $50-100 for 1 small part. That's ludicrous.
That and I would love to know what they're going to release for the whole year so I can actually plan for what I want to buy.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2022, 08:13:03 AM »

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2022, 01:10:22 PM »

yeah that's what i mean about getting an updated missile command - through HasLab. It would be real tempting at $300 range.

I 100% agree with you on the smaller playsets. I wonder what they would price at,$50-75 range? I'd maybe get 1 for Christmas.

What i would really love for them to do is repo parts for vehicles. Maybe that would kill the investment but I'm missing some pieces for my flagg (and 98% of all my vehicles) and I just refuse to pay $50-100 for 1 small part. That's ludicrous.
That and I would love to know what they're going to release for the whole year so I can actually plan for what I want to buy.

Yeah parts are a big market now, as more and more vehicles/figures degrade and collectors need to replace them.

I didn't realize that the original ARAH figs are now having problems with their elbows and the rivets used to join them.  Yes the O-rings and thumbs are problems we all know about, but apparently in the last few years, more and more original figures are starting to have breakage, rust, etc. around the rivets and elbows.

I guess when you hit 40 years, it is to be expected that more problems would occur.  It is the same thing with Masters Of The Universe figures.  The originals are more and more breaking around the joints, especially the feet area.  That and the interior joints are weakening to the point where feet and legs can no longer support the figures standing.

So I am glad for the new Masters of the Universe Origins line, and now the new O-ring from Hasbro.  It gives me a chance to get some of the original looks, but with updates, to replace older versions that may not be salvageable in the next decade.

As for Haslab, never say never, but if the Skystriker was $230US, I imagine something like the Missile Command would be similar in price, but who knows anymore with inflation.  Honestly I would love Hasbro to take the risk and offer one of the classic bases instead, even though they would easily be over $400US.  However I could find the funds for a new headquarters, Terrordrome, or......USS FLAGG!!!!  The Flagg I can't see being done for anything under $800 though.

However I think Hasbro will just settle on vehicles for Joe right now.  Maybe a Classified scale HISS, or another fairly big 3.75" vehicle (I would love a Night Raven).

At retail we will see a lot of re-release of existing molds for vehicles.  I mean we already had the HISS, AWE Striker and, unbelievably, an updated Fang. So hopefully the Vamp, Stinger and others come along again, in classic packaging.  However if Hasbro is asking $40US for 2 figures, I hate to think what they'll ask for the vehicles.