JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse -Gi Joe Retro Collection Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow  (Read 2750 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Pulse -Gi Joe Retro Collection Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2022, 07:17:47 AM »

42 US for two army builders?  Come on.

Agree. But I see this as a way to get MOC fig and to let them in package as I can't afford vintage figs MOC. I just hope they will do most of the 1983-1985 series.

And hopefully 6-pack for army builders.

The big problem with the new O-ring figures is the cardbacks themselves.  Apparently from what I have seen online, the cardboard is pretty flimsy and people are reporting bends/creases right out of the package.  It is just the continuing trend of cost cutting that makes it harder to collect MOSC.

The flip side to this is that the original O-ring figures MOSC are both ridiculously expensive, and every year a bigger and bigger risk to buy.  You have the standard problem of disintegrating O-rings, which leaves you with a MOSC puzzle inside a bubble.  However now there are more examples of yellowing bubbles, and the heels on figures breaking more often due to age.  It makes for an ever smaller amount of truly MOSC figures that people buy.

So these new O-rings are a good alternative for those of us that want some original (or as close as possible) ARAH figures MOSC.

Yet I still haven't pulled the trigger because $42US (something like $70US with shipping/tax) is just too pricey for me right now.