JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Haslab Classified HISS Tank ($299.99US)  (Read 7401 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Haslab Classified HISS Tank ($299.99US)
« on: June 28, 2022, 04:01:34 PM »

So let's start the thread now that there was an early leak today.

Someone working on Hasbro Pulse's site is not paying enough attention.   For a brief period there was a listing for a Haslab Classified HISS Tank for $299.99US.  There was no picture, and it wasn't available to order, but still.  Considering it is supposed to be revealed tomorrow, someone is going to get a talking to about duty of care.

Let's hope for that price they include a lot like they did with the Skystriker.

I guess we'll know in less than 24 hours.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Classified HISS Tank ($299.99US)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 04:11:01 PM »

Forgot to add.  I did a quick calculation based off past Haslab projects that I bought, and here is what I expect as the final total for the Classified HISS Tank:

$299.99US + $29.99US shipping + $42.90US (Ontario 13% HST) for a final (US) total of $372.88.  Once converted by today's exchange rate, that comes out to $480.24 CDN!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!!!!!

I would say that is crazy, but I have been a sucker for a lot of the Haslabs, so I'll probably cave on this as well.  I'm just hoping they trick it out like they did the Skystriker.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 12:38:50 AM »

That's a lot of money for a Hiss tank. Hoping it will get functional treads

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 05:48:05 AM »

That's a lot of money for a Hiss tank. Hoping it will get functional treads

If it doesn't have working treads for that price it will be a deal breaker for a lot of fans.  I am expecting it to have that at least.

I am also hoping for some kind of support vehicle.   A lot of people are hoping for a tow vehicle (Asp, MMS) but I don't think Hasbro is willing to go that big for an add in vehicle.  However I hope they do some kind of support vehicle like the fueler and weapons cart they did with the Skystriker.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 01:12:51 PM »

I want that HISS.... for 3.75 inches o-ring fig 😁

The led lights and working treads are awesome.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 03:00:53 PM »

This for 3 3/4 would be awesome!

I think one of the unlocks will be the the towable mms making it the Sentry and Missile System.
They could reuse half of the weapon carrier from the Skystriker and just change the top part.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 09:14:50 PM »

With the Kickstarter Roboskull project they were able to make compatibility like this:

2 (TWO) removable 1:18 scale seats (Pilot & Rear Gunner) for 3.75" & 4" figures
    1 (ONE) removable 1:12 scale seat for 6" figure 

That's a great idea. Hasbro could make this for the HISS too...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 05:37:45 AM »

So I backed this already, but man the unlocks have really made this tempting to me for a second HISS.

However the price keeps that thought in check.

I was happy with the first unlock, but underwhelmed by the second tier.  Then swung all the way back to impressed with the third tier.  A female HISS Gunner (Driver) is awesome, and the nose guns are a nice addition.  The only thing is that with all these accessories the HISS is starting to look a little ridiculous all kitted out.  The picture of it with the missile racks, nose guns and turret guns is kind of busy looking.  I'll probably keep it simple with maybe the missile racks, or one of the turret guns. 

I think making it compatible with both 6" and 3.75" would be a cool idea, but Hasbro isn't going to "confuse" the brand with that kind of option.  Plus they can try and sell us a second version for 3.75" separately down the line. 

Overall this is a great Haslab in my opinion, and I am glad to see it is killing it compared to other projects.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 09:18:30 PM »

Then swung all the way back to impressed with the third tier.  A female HISS Gunner (Driver) is awesome, and the nose guns are a nice addition.  The only thing is that with all these accessories the HISS is starting to look a little ridiculous all kitted out.

Where did you get these intel?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 06:30:43 AM »

Then swung all the way back to impressed with the third tier.  A female HISS Gunner (Driver) is awesome, and the nose guns are a nice addition.  The only thing is that with all these accessories the HISS is starting to look a little ridiculous all kitted out.

Where did you get these intel?

There is a post on Instagram, and you can also see it on the front page of Hisstank.com

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 08:23:20 PM »

Ok, I see