JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GO HABS GO!  (Read 18053 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GO HABS GO!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »

I also don't see the thousands of real Habs fans stopping the 500 or so looters and rioters so it must be accepted behavior in Montreal.
I'll say this: you Leaf fans and Habs fans are a rare breed.

That's all I'm saying because I was already put in my place by a Blackhawks fan after mocking him when Van won the first game of that series.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »

I think Lord Stanley needs to stay in the US for a while longer  ;D. After all, if you Canucks get both Olympic hockey gold and the Greatest Trophy in Sports both in the same year, you'll get WAY too full of yourselves  ;D

Crap, did I just say that out loud?  -1000 Timbits for me again!!!  :lol:

And Pete you sound like me when I talk about the Dallas Cowgirls...er, um, Cowboys.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »

Montreal beat the Caps because they kept guys on Ovechkin to keep him from the puck.

Montreal beat the Penguins because they kept guys on Crosby (and Malkin) to keep them from the puck.

Next round, they are playing more rounded teams (Flyers or Bruins). The strategy they've used so far isn't going to work anymore.

Interesting to see if they'll sink or swim.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

I know for a fact that there are people like me who would cheer for a Canadian team including the Leafs to go all the way into the Playoffs. I know Pete you're not the first and the last that despise the HABS, like I know there are some here that feel the same way about TO.

Well, I'm not one of those.

I'm from Montreal-La, where there's huge spores that explode at times lke these during the Playoffs and turn Habs fans into uncontrollable crazy creatures. In by uncontrollable, I mean the best comes out in most of us, and like the worst in the few of us. But like someone put it before, which place/City/country doesn't have its beautiful and its ugly side. Remove hockey for a minute, and we can start comparing locations, and the debate can go on forever. On a cultural side I can only say this of Montreal, It's always been a City of cheering and festivities for as long as I can remember, so wherever you heard that Hab fans don't celebrate until they win the cup, now that's total bull crap (even if that came from our News or from some drunken fans) we should know better than to pay attention to an unreliable source when its stinks full of it.

I never had prejudice against other fans and I don't think I ever will but I know some of the HAB fans that do, and for that I feel shameful. Sometimes, I wonder why not avoid all that, and forget about supporting hockey or even watching it. Still, something stronger calls to me. I respect rivalry. Rivalry is good for the sport. But when it comes down to hating an entire hockey team over it, or even the City in rare cases, that sounds more like the dark side of the sport love rising.

But the way I see it some may seem to love hating the Habs or any other team, so bring it as much as you may want. It can only mean more negative thinking for those who keep thinking that way, which is nothing I wish in the first place. 

And Saying that HABS won't win is no better than saying that HABS will win. Let's just say may the best win. HABS were not the favorites of this series to begin, but they've come this far anyway. Teams study their opponents during the playoffs and before facing eachother, so if what you're saying that HABS have played it the same way is true, then the Penguins would have had enough time to rest and would've been able to stategize better. Say what you want to say about their gameplay, I've heard other fans trash the Montreal Canadiens YEARS BEFORE THIS SERIES, and when it was the good ol' years of Roy, Svoboda, McPhee, Smith, heck, Gainey, Carbonneau, we still had a great team to that day, probably one of the Best Montreal teams that I know we ever had.

We know that we don't have the same team today, and not as good probably (or least we thought), but I'd be plain stupid not to cheer for my own when they need us: GO HABS GO
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »

That was well said latinjoe22 +1 for you!
Lurking

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Pete, I will bring you a picture of the Stanley cup at the Canadian Con in August... because Toronto didn't see it a lot in the past... century!  ;D

Actually, Toronto doesn't need it... you see they have the ACTUAL Stanley Cup - "Original Stanley Cup in the bank vault at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario"
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... otated.jpg

:wink:

Owning a cup and winning a cup are two different things. Like being the world champion versus owning the Million Dollar Belt.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:37:53 PM by Scramble »
Updated!

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 01:38:21 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Can you Habs fans answer something for me?

WHY does your city continuously have to start looting and breaking things when you guys win / qualify, etc in hockey?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/st ... guins.html

You guys and Vancouver.... I don't get it.  

Even if the 7th game was in Pittsburgh, there was over 30 000 peoples in the Bell centre to see the game on the large screens. When the Habs won, there were over 50 000 peoples downtown Montreal having fun. From that 50 000 peoples, 500 (1%) were there to break everything. These are not fans. They are just there to break, stole, fight against police, etc.

Unfortunately, you will also see that when you will have a winning team in your province :wink: !

Martin

I agree.  These are not fans.  These are your bandwagoning, out of the closet, started to cheer for the team at 9:15 PM, drunken morons.  It happens in alot of cities throughout the world.  At least Toronto fans didn't trash the city after there back to back World Series wins.  

But I find it hilarious that the same Montreal fans, who mock Toronto fans for going nuts and "start planning the parade" crap after a playoff win, are doing the same right now.  The arguement you heard from Montreal fans it that we don't celebrate until we win the cup.  Well, that has been proven to be full of crap.  

Montreal Canadien fans:  I heard jack shit from them in the regular season.  I heard jack shit from them at the start of the playoffs.  Just like cockroaches in the night, they now come out.  Please.  I may cheer for a loser, but I don't bandwagon.

....are you crying?.. I thought I heard you cry!...

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »

Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends............ :P
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends............ :P

"That's the question you should ask yourself Megatron"  :P Quote from TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE (1987)
2 + 2 = 22

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »

I'm glad all this other controversy has taken attention away from me saying that I hope the Cup stays in the US  ;D
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »

Now that I've had a couple days to do the yearly task of swallowing my pride as a Canucks fan, Congrats Habs. Good luck in the next round.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »

Bye bye Boston. Philadelphia, there we go!

Martin