JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Pleasantly surprised with new Joe items  (Read 4254 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Pleasantly surprised with new Joe items
« on: August 12, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »

There are a couple items I just acquired that I was originally going to pass on and am glad I didn't.

First was the POC HISS.  Although it has some flaws and can never replace the original HISS, I am rather impressed with it over all.  Soon to have a desert camo paint job!

Second was the Resolute GI Joe 7 pack and Resolute Snake Eyes in particular.  I loved the Cobra pack at first site minus the Storm Shadow and redone CC. 
I didn't want the Joe pack because of the cartoonie characters and not another SE, already have the City Strike SE, however this set is amazingly sculpted and Resolute SE looks really really cool all decked out in his gear.

Anyone else pleasantly surprised with the new stuff so far?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasantly surprised with new Joe items
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »

I got the Resolute sets and I was a bit "meh". Then I got some of the new POC and I thought "Now that's more like it."

So honestly, I'm not that blown away by the Resolute figures. Destro and Alley Viper are good, but none of the Joes do it for me.

Now the new POC Beach Head, he's cool. So is the new Snake Eyes. What I like about Snake Eyes is there is a place for all his gear. What I don't get with Beach Heah is he has 2 places for knifes but only comes with one knife. What's up with that?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Now the new POC Beach Head, he's cool. So is the new Snake Eyes. What I like about Snake Eyes is there is a place for all his gear. What I don't get with Beach Heah is he has 2 places for knifes but only comes with one knife. What's up with that?
That was a question I asked in the Hasbro Q&A.

I like the Duke figure as well.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:33:54 PM »

I love them all so far.. the wave 2 SE is meh! (the one with the ninja force action feature) What do you guys think of it?

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »

I like a lot of the PoC stuff, but I think the surprise was back when they were revealed, not now when I'm seeing it in stores. We've seen pictures of these for a year now and have a pretty good idea of what to expect, and I am happy with the few I'm interested in. Too bad they're going the direction of the cartoons.  :P

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 04:01:53 AM »

I like most of them pretty well. You can't argue they aren't well crafted at the very least. I don't really like the design of Storm Shadow in the POC but really like the Resolute version which makes up for it. All the equipment on these POC figures is really a step up in detail and quality, nice to see Hasbro really taking this brand seriously again.
I figured out how to change my signature!

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »

WHen the designers at Hasbro have free reign they produce top notch stuff...when they are forced to translate bland character designs from a movie they produce some meh.  (Notice how the best figs in ROC were the "off-screen" characters like Flash and Helix?)
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »

I like a lot of the new POC figures.  However I am somewhat surprised that I have passed on all of them except Firefly, SnowJob and Alley Viper.  I am "meh" on CC and SS.  Duke is ok but not a must have and I am burnt out on SE.  I have way more than I should already from 25th to ROC.  The wave 1 and 2 SE don't do it for me so I can pass.  I might pick up a few of these guys if there is a sale.

The vehicles are a similar story.  I love the new HISS and the Wolf Hound.  I will definitely pick up more if they go on sale.  The Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk are nice and I picked them up, but I could have just as easily passed on them.  The Mechs are a complete pass for me.  I am not a big fan of Mechs in the Joeverse and the figures that they come with really don't move me.  I will pick them up, but only if they go on sale for 50% or more.

Wave 2-4 of the figures are a similar story.  Some definite must buys, a few that are possible on sale and a couple that are "meh."

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »

PoC has been a welcomed addition for me.  I look forward to Wave 2.
Lurking

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »

I was blown away by the amount of gear included with the PoC figs.  Storm Shadow, for example...the only reason I got him at all was because I bought a whole case from BBTS.  I figured I had enough Stormys & was underwhelmed by the PoC one..  But it's hard to argue with a figure that comes with six swords, four ninja stars, two Wolverine-style claw thingies, and a big nunchuk style thing with a REAL chain.  (If anyone knows the real names to those weapons feel free to chime in.) I'd have bought him just of the gear once I saw what was in there.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
I was blown away by the amount of gear included with the PoC figs.  Storm Shadow, for example...the only reason I got him at all was because I bought a whole case from BBTS.  I figured I had enough Stormys & was underwhelmed by the PoC one..  But it's hard to argue with a figure that comes with six swords, four ninja stars, two Wolverine-style claw thingies, and a big nunchuk style thing with a REAL chain.  (If anyone knows the real names to those weapons feel free to chime in.) I'd have bought him just of the gear once I saw what was in there.

Yeah, I saw him last night and thought similar thoughts.  I wanted him for the chain, since I eventually want to put together a team of issue 21 red ninjas and one of them had the chain and spike ball.  The throwing stars were very cool.

Sureshot

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 07:18:44 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
Quote from: "morgardee"
That was a question I asked in the Hasbro Q&A.
I think there's only one so that when you're posing him with his rifle across his chest you can park the knife in the sheath on his back, otherwise the knife handle gets in the way.