JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I take it you guys did not miss...  (Read 1774 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
I take it you guys did not miss...
« on: November 28, 2005, 12:44:09 PM »

....miss the single carded VvV Joes at Canadian TRU's earlier this fall?

$2.99 a head, looks like the stores got in a case or two of each because......sadly..........they is gone,gone,GONE now.
This was a crazy offering in a ways because 4 of these figures cost the same as any two pack from the previous VvV waves still warming the pegs.

Its been a infernal pity how Hasbro Canada been so timid with the GIJOE brand up here for the past decade. I've exchanged e-mails with Hasbro reps and been told that the retailers are just skittish about the brand--which is weird because Chap mei, Lanard and 21C all had a massive presence at one time or another. In my AoO, occasionally Walmart would have the odd 12" carded offering, sometimes the VvV guys, sometimes the regular 12" molded shirt militray Joes.

If you are into 12" joes, check out any Fields stores--a kind of lower-tier "micro"-Walmart that's benn up here for years. They have 12" Classic Collection Joes in windowed coffin boxes. Basic set, figure--molded shirt, belt, weapon, helmet and some kind of  solitary belt item. Different services: SAS, Ranger etc.
They are $10 each--which is not a bad deal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: I take it you guys did not miss...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 01:08:09 PM »

Quote from: ""ARROW""
$2.99 a head, looks like the stores got in a case or two of each because......sadly..........they is gone,gone,GONE now.
This was a crazy offering in a ways because 4 of these figures cost the same as any two pack from the previous VvV waves still warming the pegs.

Your right.  If Hasbro just sticks to single packs in the 2.99 range, they will sell.  The Samko and Miko warehouses in the Toronto area sells the 2 packs for 3.99 CAN.  And they move.  The 10-12 bucks a pack at Wally Mart and TRU basically killed the line of succeding in Canada. Not to mention the pathetic lack of marketing of the 3 3/4 line north of the border (aka no marketing).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67