JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Crazylegs '87  (Read 3287 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »

I need an 87' crazylegs preferably with intact thumbs and crotch, however I will settle for just the head and torso. Paint wear does not matter.

I have parts, and some figs for trading. If you have one of these, lemmie know, and I'm sure we can work something out.

-  :chicken:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:02:22 PM »

I can send you mine. Problem is that the joints are loose. Can this be remedied or is it useless?

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:36:19 PM »

No problem with loose joints. I have paint to tighten the arms and clear plastic re-enforcements for the legs. Since I have to use paint (can't find a good dye for orange), loose joints are actually better because they allow for the paint to rub less when you move the arms.

But it's pretty ironic getting it from you, since it's going right back to you. Not much of a trade when you get me the thing that I'm giving back to you. ;-) But I can't find it anywhere else right now, so you're my only hope.

I just wish that I'd seen one when I was buying those $2 joes out of the back of the car. But it was too dark, and the police were making me nervous....

-  :chicken:

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

I have a Crazylegs. He's mostly intact, I had to do some work on his shoulder sockets to fix looseness, and he has paint wear. No broken crotch or thumbs.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

Indeed it would be truly ironic. It is the very same Crazylegs that I have had since 1987 when I first started collecting G.I. Joes. He's in fairly awful shape and I have since replaced him with a NM version (from Mike's $2 bin)

It would be kind of cool to see him repaired and returned to the land of the functional Joes. We can rebuild him... we have the technology...

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
He's in fairly awful shape and I have since replaced him with a NM version (from Mike's $2 bin)

That must of been from this past weekend as I KNOW I put one in there on Friday night.

He's gone now...

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

That must of been from this past weekend as I KNOW I put one in there on Friday night

Nope... about 2 years ago.

I also bought one for a girl who I am no longer seeing. Maybe I can get it back from her?  :thumbsup:

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Crazylegs '87
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
Indeed it would be truly ironic. It is the very same Crazylegs that I have had since 1987 when I first started collecting G.I. Joes. He's in fairly awful shape and I have since replaced him with a NM version (from Mike's $2 bin)

It would be kind of cool to see him repaired and returned to the land of the functional Joes. We can rebuild him... we have the technology...

I like that idea too. Actually I like it a lot - Kind of like when my wife's grandma left her a huge ugly ring, and a jeweler turned it into a nice pendant using the same gold and jewels.  Not that this will be a jewel or anything, but it's nice when the stock material has a history.  

And I do indeed have the technology, though he won't ever be "tight" again, I will be able to get him back up on his own two feet. I'll PM you my address Jon.

Thanks for everyone that jumped on this.

-   :chicken: