JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The JoeCanuck Figure.  (Read 5372 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:20:43 AM »

Someone (I'm not saying who) has 'thinned out' his Joe collection, and sold me his JoeCanuck figure from a few years back.

I'm ebaying it.

Not this weekend, most likely not next weekend either.... but I would 'guess' by the end of July I'll be posting it on ebay.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll use the money he brings in for the meet or not - seeing as I'll be 'temporarily retaired' and all. :shifty:

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 01:48:05 PM »

:shifty:

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 03:07:52 PM »

After all that hassle about not wanting 'em to be resold.  :chicken:

Still, it's your figure now, so go for it!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:49 PM »

Hard to say Mike. On one hand you made a point that these were never to be sold on ebay, but on the other you could probably use the profits from it to get a hold of some really good parts over the next few months for next years Joe Canuck figure.

If the figure was sold just strictly for cash in pocket then I think it's onlt fair Loop be give a piece of that action. It was his talents that brougt us the head and it's the head that really makes Joe Canuck stand out.

Honestly, since you asked for our input I'd say I'm torn. It would be neat to watch to see how much the figure would generate on ebay for sure but I think any profit should be used in some way to invest in next years meet. Heck, make next years con exclussive G.I. Golddust. I hear he'll work for cheap nowadays.  You could probably hire him and we can have our own wrestler show up.  :thumbsup:

Alright, you all know I was joking about Golddust right.  :shifty:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pluv

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »

Here's an idea.  Hold onto the figure and don't sell it.  Next Joe Canuck meet, raffle the figure off.  That way, chances are, whoever wins it is someone who really wants it and deserving for making the trip.

Here's another idea.  Give it to Dryhawk for being such a devoted fan that he is essentially co-sponsoring the next meet.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
After all that hassle about not wanting 'em to be resold.  :chicken:

No no no.... The 'hassle' as you put it was over the MOC JoeCanuck figure.
THAT one.... damn.... that one was supposed to stay in the store per Ken (navajoe)'s wishes..... now that I'm closing, I guess it'll make a yearly trip to the Joe Meet!
:-)

I never said anything about the 'individual' ones that people bought. If someone wanted to sell theirs on ebay - who am I to stop them. BUT - since each one DID have that persons name on the file card.... that seemed to deter people from doing so.

Holding it for next year is a cool idea.... And yes, Loop WOULD get a cut since it's his sculpt and artwork on the filecard.

Like I said, it's not happening anytime soon - lord knows I'll be busy enough the next 6 weeks or so!

Another option is that I list it in Feb.07 to get some interest going on the NEXT meet..... and promote that years fig. ;-)

Mike

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »

I think it's best if any funds generating from Can Joe Meet exclusive auction should go to the next Can Joe Meet. Pluv has some good ideas, too. I just feel it should be communal for Can Joe Meet.

Even if Mike decides to give me a piece of the action off the auction, I wouldn't feel right taking it for myself. If I wanted money off Joe Canuck, I would have sold off the prototype heads on Ebay. Instead, one of the proto-heads is still with me, while the other has been raffled off at the last Joe Meet (to Mike's nephew).

Besides, selling off a Joe Canuck exclusive would give other people ideas.
Plus, I find it has a sentimental meaning than a Mastercollector convention set, which has auctions on the very first day...sad.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 01:31:45 AM »

Quote from: ""pluv""
Next Joe Canuck meet, raffle the figure off.

My first instinct is that someone who already has a Joe Canuck would probably end up with another. But thinking about it, last year's meet and Black Ice generated a lot of attention for the Joe Canuck meets. That figure wouldn't have sold for so much otherwise. So there's a good chance a lot of, if not at least half of next meets attendees will never have owned Joe Canuck. And I think getting more people to attentd is more important than getting a few hundred bucks.
Updated!

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »

I think having a real cool custom cobra figure will definitely bring more people to the con.

The black ice figure definely gave the extra weight for me to drive the 6 hours down for the con.
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »

Maybe the figure could be raffled off to all of the next meet goers who missed out on the figure? Something like, whoever wins the raffle gets to buy the figure for 20$?
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

dryhawk37

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 10:07:33 PM »

Im liking Pluv's idea.....BUT, if you do ebay it, please do let me know. Or we  could do a deal outside of ebay, that way it was never technically for sale on ebay.....:)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
The JoeCanuck Figure.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »

Quote from: ""gsmiley007""
I think having a real cool custom cobra figure will definitely bring more people to the con.

The black ice figure definely gave the extra weight for me to drive the 6 hours down for the con.

:|