JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO HASBRO CANADA!  (Read 13519 times)

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
Re: SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO HASBRO CANADA!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »

Quote from: "Storm.Shadow"
Question for you:
  Will this be a one time deal or an ongoing line of communication with Hasbro Canada?

Question for Hasbro: 
  Why was the 25th Anniversary line available for such a brief time and limited quantities and then suddenly pulled?
  When will the 25th Anniversary line return to Canadian retail stores and will the packaging be bi-lingual or English only (US Packaging).

Probably the obvious questions but someone had to ask them! :)

Oh, and a thank you to the staff of JoeCanuck for making this possible!

I think this question is worth quoting.  I couldn't find them in any stores in my area.
And if we could get more then just the typical "we're looking into it" response because that's the response they've given before.  By now we Canadian fans deserve a yes or no answer and a specific date when it will happen, If you can work that into the question somehow too.

Sorry, I'm done now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

awestd

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

:cobra: yo joe .I like to see more stuff in cananda (25 Anniversary) and not just on line so all collecters can get it. im in a small town and cant get to the biger stores like t.r us we do have a toy store but thay cant get 25 aniversary. so i would like to see it more avable ?    Will thare be a game ps2 ds or what ever and will thare be movie fig?. cuz of the movie is coming out? and if so will thare be done by dark horse or hasbro?will there be 3/25 or biger smaller?

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 09:02:49 AM »

Quote from: "awestd"
Will thare be a game ps2 ds or what ever and will thare be movie fig?. cuz of the movie is coming out?

Yes there will be movie themed toys, though few details are available at this time.  I believe they wanted to have the main line of movie figures in the same design and scale as the 25th anniversary product, but I'm sure there will a few different lines (see Transformers).

There is also a video game planned, I believe EA has the rights to.  Someone please correct me if that wrong.

Snake Charmer

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »

Awesome job Mike and everyone at Joecanuck.  What an awesome opportunity.

Will there be any way for Canadian fans to get the exclusive Doc figure through Hasbro, like our American Counterparts?
It would be great if the offer could apply to Canadian fans through Hasbro Canada so we won't have to resort to the secondary market once the promotion is over. 
Any chance of Hasbro Canada offering the Doc figure to Canadian fans?

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »

Wow great opportunity and excellent questions thus far!

I assume Hasbro Canada would have to make a business case for a lot of these requests.  So on that tone?

1. What fan support would be needed to start online purchasing direct from Hasbro Canada, especially for GI Joe products?

2. What are the greatest obstacles to getting GI Joe product into Canadian retailers and how can we help to overcome this?

3. I know this echo's Scramble's question, but this is one of my hopes too.  Please can we see some Canadian flag sticker sheets in the near future for vehicles?       

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 07:53:42 PM »

Well we found a couple answers today:
  Wal~Mart will be carrying the 25th Anniversary Line &
  Yes we will have to settle for Bi-Lingual packaging.

So here's a new question:
  Will the packaging design be improved over the course of time because this current one is VERY lazy and cheap looking.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 09:34:58 PM »

I want to say something about the new packaging, but I am currently too horrified, shocked and insulted to do so.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »

Re: Raptor

"Will the current style of cards on the 25th figures available in Canada be the standard, or can we expect something better if sales prove promising?"

Shows our dislike of the cheap packaging without just saying "What the heck's up with the ugly card 'art?"
Updated!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 05:36:15 AM »

My local Wal-mart toy manager in London said the Hasbro rep said Wal-Mart would not be getting the 25th line!

I went to 3 Targets in the Detriot area and 2 TRUs yesterday - only managed to find most of line 3 (which a guy on eBay scammed me over).  Every comic 2 pack peg was empty.  I did however find out my plant is closing and was rear ended on I94!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 09:38:01 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Re: Raptor

"Will the current style of cards on the 25th figures available in Canada be the standard, or can we expect something better if sales prove promising?"

Shows our dislike of the cheap packaging without just saying "What the heck's up with the ugly card 'art?"

Yes, it may go over better than,

"Are you trying to destroy the line in Canada with that packaging nightmare that makes your product look like a cheap knock off of your own brand?

or 

"Was this huge mistake with the packaging a result of a rush to get the goods to market because marketing failed to realize the appeal of the product until it was too late, or merely incompetence and indifference as to maintaining Hasbro's product packaging standards?

or

"With excellent bilingual packaging for most of Hasbro's products in Canada why does the 25th packaging fail to meet even the most basic requirements to promote and sell the products inside."

or

"Are you so confident that the product is good that you deliberately put it in the most unappealing packaging that it was possible to construct in order to prove that the product would sell anyway?

- R

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »

sorry, but what packaging are you talking about guys?
Was a canadian card released?
Say no to AFA.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 10:40:38 AM »

As posted by Stormshadow in this thread:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... ;topicseen

Sadly this is what we got for the other VvsV stuff too, so I guess I should have expected it.

Still it wouldn't have been impossible to do color stickers to slap on the American card art packaging. It looks like a knock off product.

:chicken: