JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Let YOUR voice be heard by Canadian Retailers!  (Read 6956 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Let YOUR voice be heard by Canadian Retailers!
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »

One of the most commonly asked questions regarding G.I. Joe in Canada is:

"When or how can we get the store (Target, Toys R Us) exclusives here in Canada?"

As Hasbro explained in their presentation at the meet, it's something that they are trying to make happen, but the retailers (Zellers, Toys R Us Canada, etc) need to be convinced that it is viable.

As such, Hasbro has given us the opportunity to run a  couple questions/poll here, the data from which will be used to show the Canadian retailers what they are missing!

Now's the time to let your voice be heard!

Question #1:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=2505.0

Question #2:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=2506.0
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:37:07 AM by Stealth Viper »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Let YOUR voice be heard by Canadian Retailers!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

I try and save all of my online orders up for a "bigger" order.
For example I waited until the TRU 5 packs were in stock online before I ordered the last round of comic packs.
I had already purchased a Ace/Wild Weasal pack and Damage Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow 2 packs, but since I was placing an order online, I simply ordered a full set.
- so basically I added on to my $80+ order another $20+ dollars simple because I was already ordering.

-on a side note I ended up donating the extra comics packs to the door prize table at the Joe Meet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »

Awesome. Thanks Aaron.

Please make sure you vote in the polls for the respective questions! I will be forwarding all the posts to Hasbro as well, so any additional information you'd like to share, please do so.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 10:03:10 AM »

There was a permissions issue with the polls. I have fixed it, and everyone should be able to vote now.

Thanks!
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 05:12:36 PM »

My demographics on the exclusives may not "sell" the message as well, since the vehicle exclusives just started coming out and I am not in a rush.

As a collector I spend about $400 dollars a year on figures and vehicles.  If it is available in Canada I buy it in Canada.  If it is only available in the US then I spend my money in the US.

As a father I spend about $600 a year on toys.  Availability is a driving factor in toy choices.  My advice to retailers selling action figures is also sell vehicles and playsets.  The vehicles and playsets help make the toys more interactive and a more dominant element of playtime, which results in more interest in making additional purchases based on this focus. 

awestd

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:17:37 PM »

well id be the first  to get one or more. i have spent 300 to 400 $ all ready to get some men from joe canuck so i would get in to that right quick  and it was worth every penny id do it again and again i have seen what thay have in states and its about time we got exclusive figs here then may be we stop driven you guys nuts .!  :spidey:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »

Just a reminder guys - these polls are still going on! Let your voice and opinions be heard! VOTE in each one, and comment!! Hasbro is paying attention, so let's use this to our advantage and give them some input!

awestd

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:10:50 AM »

Quote from: "awestd"
well id be the first  to get one or more. i have spent 300 to 400 $ all ready to get some men from joe canuck so i would get in to that right quick  and it was worth every penny id do it again and again i have seen what thay have in states and its about time we got exclusive figs here then may be we stop driven you guys nuts .!  :spidey:
i want to see a canadian figure or vehicle dame it,

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

I have already voted, but I thought I would post again.
So I have found squat when it comes to the last two waves of joe figures.
I haven't seen any of them on the shelves, in fact the Wal-Mart that I go to and the Zellers don't even have peg holders for Joes anymore!
I love buying local!  I love finding the figures at retail in Canada, however with nothing to buy in stores it makes it difficult.  Especially with Gas prices high, I am not about to drive around Southern Ontario like I might have done a couple of years ago in the  "hunt" for figures.
That being said, if I can't find what I am looking for locally in the next week or two.  I will be placing an order online.
I will also be buying extra figures for my son - my grand total will be $175 plus shipping and whatever tax gets added on at the boarder.
If I could find the figures locally I would spend more, pick up some army builders for myself and my son.
Frustration does not = a happy toy collector.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »

My thoughts exactly AK!

The cost of gas of running around would likely be more now than that of postage.  I am frustrated as well by making the run to a store and finding nothing.  I have bought the last 2 waves on line.  Hopefully I'll find the Wave 4 Comic Packs at the store (not that we don't have excellent members who we can purchase items from at reasonable rates!).

Paul
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:59:13 PM by pdaat »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
My thoughts exactly AK!

The cost of gas of running around would likely be more now than that of postage.  I am frustrated as well by making the run toa store and finding nothing.  I have bought the last 2 waves on line.  Hopefully I'll find the Wave 4 Comic Packs at the store (not that we don't have excellent members who we can purchase items from at reasonable rates!).

Paul

That's because you are too slow!!! HA!! 

KIDDING!!!

I'm in the same boat.  I use to make a monthly, or twice monthly run down to Buffalo/Niagara (from Toronto).  Now I don't bother.  I might go once every two months, and I don't "hunt" locally anymore.  I may stop off while out, but I won't make a specific run anymore for toys.

Online, especially with guys like Hal, make it easy to get the US stuff for what it would cost me going myself.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »

I go into Massena, NY once and a while, but the most they have there is a KB Toys...  to get any of the really good shops, I'd have to go into Vermont or to Albany.

It's not worth it, just for a few figures - so much easier to buy online.  But I'm very old-school store-front type of person, so I wish I didn't have to.  If filling out some surveys helps get us the good stuff from Hasbro, then so be it!