JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: wave 8 (2k8 wae 4) hits Canadian retail!  (Read 17139 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: wave 8 (2k8 wae 4) hits Canadian retail!
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »

Quote from: "jdkern"
Well, no Wave 8, but TRU Thornhill had some Wave 7 - 1 each of Viper, Duke, Wild Bill and Spirit, and 3 Snake Eyes. I grabbed Wild Bill and Spirit. They also had a couple Flashes and Shipwreck.

Happy I found both waves today, but a little disappointed, no Major Bludd to be seen!

Was this the TRU on Langstaff Road?  If so, I was there yesterday and I didn't see any wave 7 ('08 wave 2).  All I saw was comic packs and older single packs. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

K.B.

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 02:03:37 AM »

Went to my local wal mart tonight (Oshawa) and was excited to see wave 8 figures on the pegs. Then I  pulled them all down and realized that mostly all of them had the cards all bent to shit. Man, was I MAD.

I was able to grab TF Flint, Baroness, Roadblock, Major Bludd and the wave 7 Snake Eyes  I was missing from the wave 7 figures I grabbed last week (the only wave 7 figure they had.) I had to leave behind the Cobra Commander because both cards were bent to hell and there was no Snake Eyes or Python Patrol Officer.

The cards that were damaged looked like they had been done on purpose and if thats the case, thats pretty sad that someone would do that just so another collector can't pick up figures. If anyone is still interested, heres the figures they had after I left.. they had 2CC, 1 Baroness, 1 Major Blood, 1 TF Flint, 1 Roadblock.

jdkern

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"

Was this the TRU on Langstaff Road?  If so, I was there yesterday and I didn't see any wave 7 ('08 wave 2).  All I saw was comic packs and older single packs. 

No, on Steeles, between Bathurst and Yonge...

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

Quote from: "K.B."
Went to my local wal mart tonight (Oshawa) and was excited to see wave 8 figures on the pegs. Then I  pulled them all down and realized that mostly all of them had the cards all bent to shit. Man, was I MAD.

I was able to grab TF Flint, Baroness, Roadblock, Major Bludd and the wave 7 Snake Eyes  I was missing from the wave 7 figures I grabbed last week (the only wave 7 figure they had.) I had to leave behind the Cobra Commander because both cards were bent to hell and there was no Snake Eyes or Python Patrol Officer.

The cards that were damaged looked like they had been done on purpose and if thats the case, thats pretty sad that someone would do that just so another collector can't pick up figures. If anyone is still interested, heres the figures they had after I left.. they had 2CC, 1 Baroness, 1 Major Blood, 1 TF Flint, 1 Roadblock.

Which Wal-Mart?  The south end Wal-Mart had the cards in good shape.  The Wal-Mart on the north end had some beaten up cards.   I didn't check the Whitby Wal-Mart though. 

Anyways, I have you covered on the PP Officer.  I snagged an extra one incase you needed one.   And LMK about the other CGs I have have for you. 

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
Update: There was also some wave 7 figures there.

Mike, I need the Hiss driver on a Canadian card if you see one.

If you can't find one, I have you covered.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Update: There was also some wave 7 figures there.

Mike, I need the Hiss driver on a Canadian card if you see one.

If you can't find one, I have you covered.

I can always count on you Pete. Give me another week to see if my area gets any, otherwise yes please. Hook me up.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 05:06:28 PM »

I found a couple cases worth of wave 8 at Walmart (Eglinton & Pharmacy) a couple days ago. 

The cards were about 80/20% in regards to the condition of the cards.  80% were in fine condition and 20% had creases or bends.  It could be just some bad packing by the factory, or carelessness by the staff.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:01 PM »

From the ones I found, they were all mint - except one Roadblock. I took that one since I was opening him anyway.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 04:28:33 AM »

I'd be happy to find one Joe with Canadian packaging from Wave 7 or 8.  The closest I've come was Wal-Mart Argyle where I guess I just missed them.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

K.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »

Pete, the wal mart was the north end one (open 24 hours)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

Sweet. I need me a pair of TF Flints.
Updated!

Colonel Abernathy

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 10:27:39 PM »

Quote from: "K.B."

Which Wal-Mart?  The south end Wal-Mart had the cards in good shape.  The Wal-Mart on the north end had some beaten up cards.   I didn't check the Whitby Wal-Mart though. 

Anyways, I have you covered on the PP Officer.  I snagged an extra one incase you needed one.   And LMK about the other CGs I have have for you. 

I noticed this too...I was going to get Flint and the Officer to keep MOC because the Canadian card art almost seems that it belongs to them.  But both were bent near the top...and yeah it did seem intentional, although who can say for sure?
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy