JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ask Hasbro Canada YOUR Questions!  (Read 13380 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Ask Hasbro Canada YOUR Questions!
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:56 AM »

Hasbro Canada has once again agreed to answer 5 questions from us here at Joecanuck. With the official convention this past weekend, there is no doubt that there are likely questions that the Canadian fans have. Here's your chance to ask! By no means is this limited to questions based on that, you can ask any Joe related questions you have!!!

Once again, we will run this thread for a week or so, then have a vote to determine the 5 winning questions. So, let's hear those questions!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:39:33 AM by Anonymous »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Hasbro Canada YOUR Questions!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:57:08 AM »

I'll start:

It was previously mentioned that Hasbro Toy Shop would begin shipping to Canada in the near future. Is there any more details (like a date?) available for this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »

Hasbro Toy Shop - coming to Canada?

More product available at retail? - everytime I go to a store (zellers/Wal-mart/ToysRus) they are sold out and never restock.

Store exclusives - has any major retailer confirmed that they will offer these?

Online exclusives - will there be any Canadian online stores?

Mail in figure offers - I know Doc is still running, are there plans for another one (what figure) and will it be available to Canadians?

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »

Quote from: "akpayne"
Mail in figure offers - I know Doc is still running, are there plans for another one (what figure) and will it be available to Canadians?

This one was already answered.

There are plans for more mail ins (but no details as to what/when) and ALL future Hasbro mail in offers will be available to Canadians (like the Indy offers are now)
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:49 AM »

1) What is the status of the G.I. Joe cartoon on DVD. Rhino had it last but never finished the run. Any chance someone else will release the entire run?

2) I've seen case assortments for future waves at places like entertainment earth. In those case assortments they show older character like Fire Fly being re-released. Is there any way to make sure Canada gets these so that we can have older figure that totally missed Canada?

3) Will Canada be able to get the Target exclusive vehicles at Zellers?

4) I *think* I saw the new Cobra 7 packs as on line exclusives. Will Canada be able to get those if they are indeed on line only deals?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:40:48 AM »

I second the exclusives in Canadian stores question

Also:

Availability at Canadian Retailers / possible increase in supply

Possible re-release of previously released waves (ones that we didn't see in Canada, but were released state-side)

When the Hasbro store is available for shipping to Canada, will we have full access to the full supply - or will we be limited to only the stock that is available in bilingual packaging.  I'd hate to see all kinds of sweet items for sale and have them "Not available in your area" because they're English only...  ideally, everything that can be shipped to the US buyers should be shippable to Canadian buyers

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 02:50:06 PM »

How long is the 25th anniversary line going to continue? or  Will it run  up to the movie release and then shift the focus and advertising to movie figures and vehicles?.

Another question, with Marvel Legends build a figure and now GI Joe getting  parts to build the MASS Device etc, would it possible for a build- a- playset? Or at the very least can we get a new Cobra playset?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:56:23 PM by B »

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »

I think my main questions have already been asked by other by I'll ask them again! :)

#1) Will the upcoming Wave 4 2008 & Wave 5 2008 revisions be coming to Canadian retailers?
#2) On what date will HasbroToyShop begin shipping to Canada?  Will this happen in time for SDCC later this month?
#3) At the recent JoeCon it was stated that the 25th Anniversary line will be put on hold once the movie line starts up.  When will this switch happen, Q2 2009?
#4) You've stated that Vehicles and Entertainment Battle Packs will be carried in Canada.  Will this be in International packaging or the standard US package?
#5) What is "Omega Force"?
#6) I've asked it a million times and will continue asking until I get a firm answer....will new characters from the multi-packs see single card release.  Examples: Dusty, Quick Kick, Tele-Viper, Torch, Ripper, Main Frame, Scrap Iron, Tripwire, and Iron Grenadier?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:24:20 AM by Storm.Shadow »

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »

#7) Is the black Destro head from comic pack #7 a variant or are both heads included in the pack?
#8) Will we see any more classic Vipers (H.E.A.T. Vipers, Alley Vipers, Hydro Vipers, etc) rather than new ones like the Para-Viper?
#9) Can we get a general release medic?  Lifeline perhaps.

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

1) Will Canada be getting the Exlcusive vehicles like the Rattler Target exclusive at Zellers or some other store?????

2) When will we see a mail in gi joe figure availible to Canada or offer left over doc figures up here?

3) Is Hasbro Canada ever going to sell gi joes direct to the customers off there website, like they told us they were going to? I would be happy with this even if they had a minimum $$ order amount.

4)If they know every time they inccrease product so to does the demand go up why don't they increase prouction greatly and offer figures off there site?

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 03:45:42 PM »

Is there any chance that Hasbro Canada can order directly to fill Canadian demand?
The only time we have seen US cards here in Canada is when the orders have been filled in the states and then Canada gets the extras.  I am assuming the same thing is happening with the Canadian carded figures - the production run fills US orders and any extra go to Canada.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »

I have one that I wish someone would have asked at the con.

"Will the star cases that the DOC figure came in, be available for purchase like the Star Wars cases?"