JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER issue is online NOW!  (Read 7567 times)

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: SEPTEMBER issue is online NOW!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:02:39 PM »

Always great.  A pleasure to read!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 07:54:47 AM »

Overall another solid issue. The idea of a theme issue is great, I hope you do more of them. Not sure of one I would recommend, but it's a cool idea and this one worked well.

Based on the content it's obvious a lot of work goes into producing these. I don't read every article thoroughly, as certain sections don't particularly interest me (generally not into customizing or dio-stories for example, though in the future I may try customizing and the articles provide a nice reference), but there's enough there for me to enjoy the issue.

Only one bit of constructive criticism. A pet peave of mine is people using "of" instead of the " 've " contraction. For example from the first page "You may not of noticed..." should be "You may not've noticed...". I mention it since it's occurred a couple times now, and little things like that detract from the over all great job. Perhaps an additional proof-reader or editor would help? I'd offer my not-so-qualified services if I wasn't too busy with work and school. :) Of course it's a pet peave of mine, so it stands out to me. Maybe not as much to others. Anyways, please take this as constructive, not as a slag. As I said the issues are pretty darn good overall!

I look forward to the next one.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »

Haha, Darth, I have to admit that I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, myself.  Though, not always a vocal one.

And I totally agree:  the themes are DEFINITELY a great idea!  Lots of potential, too - the "Joe" issue, the "Cobra" issue, the sub-Forces Issue, the up-up and away flying toys issue... 

I look forward to the rest

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 01:06:20 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"
Haha, Darth, I have to admit that I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, myself.  Though, not always a vocal one.

Hehe, me being a referred to as a grammar nazi is kinda funny. Hopefully my comments are taken as they're meant; as friendly criticism. :)

Quote from: "Canuklehead"
And I totally agree:  the themes are DEFINITELY a great idea!  Lots of potential, too - the "Joe" issue, the "Cobra" issue, the sub-Forces Issue, the up-up and away flying toys issue... 

Yeah, sub forces could be fun for themes (Tiger Force or Python Patrol, even if I'm not a fan of repaints), or elemental themes like water, arctic, air, desert etc.