JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Target Conquest and Rattler Stickers  (Read 3150 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target Conquest and Rattler Stickers
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »

I have read in several threads that the Rattler stickers suck.
I applied the Conquest stickers and have found that they are OK, is there anything specific about the Rattler stickers?
I would rather not apply them - if all of them are crappy, but if it is only 1 or two- I would give it a whirl.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
Re: Target Conquest and Rattler Stickers
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 12:04:45 AM »

The Target Rattler stickers do indeed suck.  The Conquest ones are made from the same material but the Rattler has many more rounded/grooved surfaces and that's the problem - whatever the sticker material is made from is too rigid for the adhesive.  I have re-attached the checkerboard missile stickers a dozen times now...the small sticker on the engine covers peel away...the black nosecone sticker...the Cobra logos on the bombs...etc etc.  I don't think there's any way around it except to buy a fan-made replacement set.  It's too bad...had the stickers stucken  :lol:  I would say the Target Rattler was the best Modern Era vehicle.  I really, really like this jet!  Just not the M.E. sticker quality on this release.
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »

That is exactly the info I was looking for.
The X-30 looks great with its decals applied, the Rattler will have to go naked, as I don't want to muck around with crap stickers.

Thanks for the input!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »

Is there any kind of mild adhesive you can use to make them stick better?  Just something you can brush on that wouldn't damage the sticker or plastic...

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:47:14 AM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"
Is there any kind of mild adhesive you can use to make them stick better?  Just something you can brush on that wouldn't damage the sticker or plastic...

Probably, but in all honesty I would get a replacement set from a website.  THe cost is probably no greater than using some kind of adhesive that won't affect the vehicle and stickers.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"

I would use a regular glue stick over an adhesive.  Adhesives will damage plastics once applied.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Lightning LA

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

What I did to help the Stickers to stay stuck was to get a sink with some warm Soapy water,and the Soap I used was Dawn Dish Washing Soap.There's a film that's on the Rattler from the Factory that keeps the Stickers from staying stuck,and the Dawn cut's the Film so the Stickers have a good clean surface to stick to.Then use a Soapy Wash Cloth to wash the Rattler with,and then after washing it really good rinse it off and dry it with a soft Towel.After doing this the Stickers went on alot better,and after almost 2 months there all still stuck on there with no signs of coming loose.I think if you guy's try this you won't have any trouble with the stock Stickers wanting to come off.But even though this trick helps with keeping the stock Stickers stuck,they still look like there printed on cheap looking Scotch Tape....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:33:58 PM by Lightning LA »