JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: peg warming a bad sign?  (Read 5365 times)

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Re: peg warming a bad sign?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »

I do a daily drive, 30 minutes at 90Km/h each way to work in an '03 Cavalier...  right now, that's around $10 a trip.  And gas here is significantly less than in Quebec, so I could see it as being a bit expensive, just for a few figures. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Quote from: "custo"

Ya crazy how much stuff you found there - but it's hard for me to take a 30minute drive (an hour round trip)  just to buy joes. The gas alone would make it cheaper to order online.

What do you drive, an aircraft carrier?

- R

USS Flagg 2007 model - it's a lease actually :P
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Looking at my local TRU (Victoria Park & Lawrence), I get the feeling we will be seeing a lot of product sit on the shelves.  Specifically at TRU.  The latest batch of vehicles (just HISS & Armadillo/Chariot) are on the shelves, wave 8 is on the shelves, with some wave 7, and the DVD packs are on the shelves.  Right now the only thing moving well is the comic packs, and that is probably due to pricing more than anything else. 

I noticed this at the other Toronto east end TRU location (Morningside and Lawrence) and the Pickering TRU today.  I think TRU is making a huge mistake by keep re-stocking wave 8 over and over again with older comic packs.  There are three row of comic packs at Pickering and it doesn't seem to move. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "canprime"
Looking at my local TRU (Victoria Park & Lawrence), I get the feeling we will be seeing a lot of product sit on the shelves.  Specifically at TRU.  The latest batch of vehicles (just HISS & Armadillo/Chariot) are on the shelves, wave 8 is on the shelves, with some wave 7, and the DVD packs are on the shelves.  Right now the only thing moving well is the comic packs, and that is probably due to pricing more than anything else. 

I noticed this at the other Toronto east end TRU location (Morningside and Lawrence) and the Pickering TRU today.  I think TRU is making a huge mistake by keep re-stocking wave 8 over and over again with older comic packs.  There are three row of comic packs at Pickering and it doesn't seem to move. 

It doesn't get much better up at McCowan & Hwy 7 either guys.  TRU is jam packed with wave 8, wave 2 vehicles and some wave 3 comic pack residue.  Wal*Mart is a farce right now with only a solid shelf of wave 2 vehicles.  Nothing seems to be moving (and we're at the end of September!).

Seeing the Americans on various other message boards get the conquest/rattler + next week possibly wave 10 makes me a little envious.  Doesn't look like we'll see that new stuff until xmas if we're lucky.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 06:37:23 AM »

I actually kind of like that they are finally on the shelf a little longer then 2 days. It allows me time to save up that extra few dollars to get that extra viper or that different version of snake eyes, and I don't have to check the stores everyday in case they set out a new set and someone else buys them all at once.  Sure I'd like them to catch up and release newer waves but I'm not really worried.  How do these stores order their toys, they must have some sort of purchase agreement for a certain amount of time and quantity with resupply?

thatcarlguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

I would prefer it if they ordered enough to last more then a day or 2. If I don't show up when they put them out (which seems random) then I don't get them and its weeks before new ones show up. I've seen lots of dvd packs at Zellers and lots of Hiss Tanks at Walmart that stay on the shelf. If I had even for a moment thought the DVD packs would come to Canada I would not have bought them online from BBTS.

I've noted that in Brantford the Zellers only gets the comic 2 packs and Walmart only gets single cards. BUT in Cambridge the Zellers gets both singles and comic packs.

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »

I haven't seen anything at Brantford Zellers for quite some time now, but you are right. Zellers did get the a small assortment of the wave 1 vehicles as well.

Also, someone finally bought the headless hiss driver hiss from walmart and they restocked with...wait for it...more hiss tanks and air chariots. yay.

thatcarlguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »

Quote from: "FastFord58"

Also, someone finally bought the headless hiss driver hiss from walmart and they restocked with...wait for it...more hiss tanks and air chariots. yay.

LOL I noticed that! I've been looking at that thing for weeks now wondering if someone would bite the bullet and buy it. I guess its easy enough to stick his head back on. It was rolling around somewhere in the box.

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"
Quote from: "FastFord58"

LOL I noticed that! I've been looking at that thing for weeks now wondering if someone would bite the bullet and buy it. I guess its easy enough to stick his head back on. It was rolling around somewhere in the box.

I tried to get it at a discount, but they would only give me like 5% or something. I already had a couple so it wasn't a big deal. I was the one that made the head disappear behind the tank lol.