JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Black Friday Report  (Read 1554 times)

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Black Friday Report
« on: November 29, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to do a quick post on my Black Friday experience. Wife and I headed to Watertown, New York @ 3:45am, made it there at 5:45, missed the Walmart opening, and really glad I did, as it was craziness there, headed towards target for their opening at 6am.

As soon as I went in the door, first thing I say was 5 Ultimate GI Joe Battle Packs, It was cool to see, but I passed on it. Only thing I wanted from that was to Mobat, but with the economy like it is and the exchange rate, the $63 price tag was just too much.

As for Joe scores, both walmarts I hit, only had the usual figures warming the pegs, so didn't find anything there. However I later went to Kohls, and was able to find Mutt w/ Junk yard and Croc Master and they were on sale for $6.69.. not bad, since they usually sell them for $9.99.

Also hit one jackpot. my wife found me a Firebat at the Super Walmart near Fort Drum.

Over all it was a pretty good day, but the people there were crazy, not for the timid shopper...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Report
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

I also was in the states for black Friday. I hit the stores by the Lewiston border Walmart, Target and Kmart i managed to find 2 clear wraith variants at Walmart. But upon entry to the store, the ppl in the line trampled the walmart worker that was opening the door. So as i was helping the worker i missed out on dance revolution for my daughter. :( By the time i got to target i had missed out on the $63 battle pack. but managed to get the conquest and rattler.   
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.