JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wave 2 2009 Vehicles Cancelled.  (Read 7470 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 2009 Vehicles Cancelled.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 08:47:35 AM »

Quote from: "darth cujo"

Anyone know if these will hit canadian online retailers?

Don't count on it. I don't know of any Canadian e-tailer that would order in the quantity required.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:12 AM »

The whole "only large orders from Asia" thing seems a little shady to me.

It's like BBTS is trying to get you to by with a "LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!" quip.

The reality is that only large orders ever get processed.  Small etailers tend to get their supply through middle men like Entertainment Earth.  Large companies (TRU, Walmart) go through Hasbro.  BBTS is probably one of the only, if not only, etailer that orders in large quantities to justify shipping to them directly.

It seems to me like it is a bit disingenuous to put that kind of thing in to scare up some extra orders, when they likely have no more knowledge about who is going to order these than anyone else.  Unless they have contacts in TRU, Target, etc.

Also, if they do end up as "online only" exclusives then I imagine they will be pretty readily available.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"

The reality is that only large orders ever get processed.  Small etailers tend to get their supply through middle men like Entertainment Earth.  Large companies (TRU, Walmart) go through Hasbro.  BBTS is probably one of the only, if not only, etailer that orders in large quantities to justify shipping to them directly.

It seems to me like it is a bit disingenuous to put that kind of thing in to scare up some extra orders, when they likely have no more knowledge about who is going to order these than anyone else.  Unless they have contacts in TRU, Target, etc.

Also, if they do end up as "online only" exclusives then I imagine they will be pretty readily available.

It's very legit.

Hasbro has done this before. What it means is they are washing their hands of it, to a degree. They product is produced (it has been since before it was canceled last time) and sitting in China. Rather than taking that huge loss, Hasbro is basically saying "it's
over there - if you want it, go get  it"

Therefore, in order to get it to North American shores at a reasonable cost, you're going to have to order a significant amount so the shipping price can get spread across more units.

Hasbro isn't importing it, isn't distributing it, isn't touching it. It will NOT show up at Walmart, TRU or Target, as the work through Hasbro distribution. Hasbro Canada didn't even know about it until I talked to them yesterday.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »

Small Joes put them up for pre-order too. It's the first time I've ever pre-ordered any toys, let alone bought a case, but it seems like a one time chance to get some pretty cool stuff. I would rather have the Sting Raider than the Arctic Hiss though, but that's just me. It doesn't look like Sting Raider is going to be restocked before the movie.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 05:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
Quote from: "canprime"

It's very legit.

Hasbro has done this before. What it means is they are washing their hands of it, to a degree. They product is produced (it has been since before it was canceled last time) and sitting in China. Rather than taking that huge loss, Hasbro is basically saying "it's
over there - if you want it, go get  it"

Therefore, in order to get it to North American shores at a reasonable cost, you're going to have to order a significant amount so the shipping price can get spread across more units.

Hasbro isn't importing it, isn't distributing it, isn't touching it. It will NOT show up at Walmart, TRU or Target, as the work through Hasbro distribution. Hasbro Canada didn't even know about it until I talked to them yesterday.

How can Hasbro Canada not know about this? Is there no communication between the US and Canadian buisnesses about the same products? Hasbro Canada should go and order a whole bunch to be released here. Then at least we'd have a few more vehicles to choose from.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »

Quote from: "B"
How can Hasbro Canada not know about this? Is there no communication between the US and Canadian buisnesses about the same products? Hasbro Canada should go and order a whole bunch to be released here. Then at least we'd have a few more vehicles to choose from.

Because for starters, Hasbro USA makes all final decisions on product. Thus, since Hasbro USA isn't bringing it, and are (as Stealth said) washing their hands of it, there's no need to tell Hasbro Canada about it.

Just like an exclusive I wanted to do for the CanJoeCon. That one item fell through, therefore I had no reason to mention it to anyone else involved with the CanJoeCon.

No one wants to get a memo saying "Oh, this toy, that we were gonna bring out, we still are - but we're not handling it - so you can't have any, thought you'd like to know what you can't get - not that it was ever available to you anyway".

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »

Even if Hasbro Canada knew about it they wouldn't be allowed to distribute a toy that Hasbro U.S.A. isn't handling especially with our governments laws about hazardous toys.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:56:10 PM by Realboss »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 09:07:40 AM »

Quote from: "B"

How can Hasbro Canada not know about this? Is there no communication between the US and Canadian businesses about the same products? Hasbro Canada should go and order a whole bunch to be released here. Then at least we'd have a few more vehicles to choose from.

Hasbro Canada is to Hasbro USA like Walmart or Toys R Us is.

Hasbro USA produces a product, and Walmart/TRU/Hasbro Canada have the opportunity to put an order in to get said product.

Back when this wave was first canceled, it was because Walmart/TRU/Target etc were not interested. Hasbro Canada had a chance at that point to order, but didn't - because Zellers/Walmart/TRU here are still sitting on wave 1 vehicles.

So the wave was canceled.

Now, to recoup costs, Hasbro USA is offering it to etailers, providing etailers import it themselves. As Hasbro USA is not distributing it, it is not even offered to Walmart/TRU/Target/Hasbro Canada.

That's just how it works.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

Oh ok, thanks everyone for the clearing that up for me.