JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marvel 3 3/4" figures now at Walmart. Also DC figs.  (Read 12848 times)

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
Re: Marvel 3 3/4" figures now at Walmart. Also DC figs.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

I got DD and Wolvie, I really like the figs. Next up Cap America and probably Iron Man
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Silent Dusty

haggis

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »

I've grabbed Silver Surfer, Black Panther and Daredevil so far.  Can't wait until Bullseye turns up in some future assortment.  Looking forward to new Cap too.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:20 AM »

I just bought Silver Surfer and all I can say is this figure looks nicer in the package. He's doesn't stand well as he'll fall off his footpegs on his board in no time.

Wolverine does look nice though. Does anyone know if he stands quite well? I'm willing to give another shot at this line one more time. I won't be completist though since in my opinion some figures don't look that great to me.

Punisher is to me the worst of the lot, with hands as big as his, bad guys outta fear getting spanked by him  :lol: !
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 08:26:55 AM »

Wolverine stands fine.  Surfer is a pain to get on his board, but he poses OK on it.  Iron Man is a very nice sculpt.

I think this version of the Punisher is the abscessed tooth version - complete with facial swelling.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »

Was browsing through the DC ones today, even though I already have what I want, and found a black suit Joker, couldn't pass that up.  :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »

I bought some more for customizing projects.

Silver Surfer:
Not crazy about the mould.  The abs are a little TOO ripped, and the head looks... off somehow.  Maybe it's the proportions and/or the face. 
The paint is, like Iron Man, really great.  A nice silver that looks shiny, not just flat.  There are some highlights in white, I think. 
The board is sculpted in a flat grey, but since the Surfer's ankles aren't ball-jointed, he can't stand on both pegs at the same time.  At least the board is nice and large.

The Punisher:
Mould isn't anything to phone home over.  Waist articulation, but no "ab-crunch" joint.  Hands are really bad, can't hold his weapons.  The head is awful.  The jaw is so huge that it's too big to even make a Bruce Campbell custom out of.
Paint isn't too bad.  The black is broken up by blue highlights, and the white parts have a wash in some areas to bring out detail.
The belt needs to be cut to be removed.  It doesn't have a clip closure like the Joe belts do.
The weapons are nice, except for a) the ridiculous grey launcher thing [WTF is this supposed to be??], b) he can't hold his MP5 properly with both hands, and even with one hand, the stock will be bent out of shape, and c) he pretty much can't use his left hand for holding any of his guns.

Also, at my TRU, the price on the pegs is $10.99 a figure, but they scan at $8.97.  Awesome!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:20 PM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
I bought some more for customizing projects.

Silver Surfer:
Not crazy about the mould.  The abs are a little TOO ripped, and the head looks... off somehow.  Maybe it's the proportions and/or the face. 
The paint is, like Iron Man, really great.  A nice silver that looks shiny, not just flat.  There are some highlights in white, I think. 
The board is sculpted in a flat grey, but since the Surfer's ankles aren't ball-jointed, he can't stand on both pegs at the same time.  At least the board is nice and large.

The Punisher:
Mould isn't anything to phone home over.  Waist articulation, but no "ab-crunch" joint.  Hands are really bad, can't hold his weapons.  The head is awful.  The jaw is so huge that it's too big to even make a Bruce Campbell custom out of.
Paint isn't too bad.  The black is broken up by blue highlights, and the white parts have a wash in some areas to bring out detail.
The belt needs to be cut to be removed.  It doesn't have a clip closure like the Joe belts do.
The weapons are nice, except for a) the ridiculous grey launcher thing [WTF is this supposed to be??], b) he can't hold his MP5 properly with both hands, and even with one hand, the stock will be bent out of shape, and c) he pretty much can't use his left hand for holding any of his guns.

Also, at my TRU, the price on the pegs is $10.99 a figure, but they scan at $8.97.  Awesome!

I just wanted to say that you can get Silver Surfer to stand on both pegs at the same time.  He is doing that right now with no problem.  As for his paint app, it kind of comes off as a sort of silver pearl to give him that sheen.

Right now I have all of wave 1, except for Bullseye, and I can honestly say the Silver Surfer is my favourite figure from that wave (Sorry IM & Spidey).  A nice basic figure with good articulation, an accurate likeness and a great accessory!!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

Ever notice that Black Panther is a different style articulated figure?  More like Star Wars than GIJoe.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

Does anyone who has been to ToysRUs lately know if most stores have all of them in stock or am I better off ordering on-line rather then making mutliple stops do many different stores?

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

TRU in London and Windsor had them all.  Were on sale too.

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 12:04:25 PM »

Thanks pdaat:

We picked up Spiderman, Ironman, Silver Surfer and DareDevil this weekend and my sons (and Daddy) love them. I think we will have to get the rest. Mom is not pleased.

We had a great battle Saturday night with the superheroes helping the Joes defeat Cobra. The poor Cobras were completely overwhelmed, many of them being crushed by thrown tanks, jeeps and a bridge layer! Storm Shadow had a particularly difficult evening.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 10:26:16 AM »

Well they have announced the 5 picks from the fan poll that will be made:

Archangel
Winter Soldier
Havok
Mystique
Mary Jane Watson

They have announced they are going to do 7 picks next year.

Overall I am really disappointed.  3 "X" characters, all of whom would most likely have been made anyway.  The Winter Soldier and Mary Jane are both unqiue picks.  I don't think she would have been made anytime soon, if at all, and he is a character that isn't top tier for making a figure (IMO).

I hope they do work in some really out there choices over the next 2 years.

Oh, and there are reports that wave 2 of the comic packs are revealed:

Black Spidey/Magneto
Iron Man/Spiderwoman (black costume)
Hulk/Cyclops

Overall I am disappointed with this wave.  It is great to get Magneto, Spiderwoman & Cyclops, but we already are getting Black Spidey, Classic Iron Man and Hulk so what changes would there be to make them worth buying?