JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Hall of Heroes - Pre Order Listing  (Read 4194 times)

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Hall of Heroes - Pre Order Listing
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 01:57:20 PM »

The helmet on the Crimson Guard is a different red then his body...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"
I'll probably get one to keep in the package. Not sure which it will be but it depends if I'll ever see them in stores. Basically they made a single figure cost as much as a comic pack and told us it was special...I think it would have been better to do a single card like the 25th but in gold foil or something and keep the cost down. That way this is a "get the figures you missed the first time" event. Which is what I thought it was supposed to be.

Yea, I agree with you. I think these would have been better offered as a "catch-up" wave than something that is supposed to be arbitrarily "commemorative" after some bizarre fashion. These offer very little in the way of being new or different, outside of a few different accessories and paint. There is nothing much to justify the higher cost.
If they'd trimmed the cards in gold as you suggested, and stuck to the single card price point-I've have bitten on a few of these--but glossing them up and tacking on a bigger price tag--uh-uh. Not interested, thank you.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 07:39:50 AM »

I'm not a fan of the Gold packaging, I don't think it goes very well with the GI Joe look. As well, from the pictures, are these just regular single packed figures, put in a small display case? ugly!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 05:54:38 AM »

SmallJoes put them up for preorder...and of course the BAT is nearly $20. Ridiculous.

I will pass on the entire series and instead get the two new box sets which are less redundant for me and 1/2 or less in cost.