JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: hasbrotoyshop.com update  (Read 4520 times)

wudstar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
hasbrotoyshop.com update
« on: February 05, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »

for those of us interested in buying our Joes from the source:
--------------------
Incident: 090203-000088
Discussion Thread
 Response (Charlotte)02/05/2009 01:38 PM
Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We are pleased to be able to respond.

Hasbro Toy Shop will begin shipping to Canada. Unfortunately, we do not have a definitive start date. Please check back periodically for updates.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

-------------------
Wudstar
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: hasbrotoyshop.com update
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »

So is this more of the same or should we start placing our orders to help them figure out the start date sooner?

wudstar

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

more of the same I'm afraid.  I send them an e-mail every so ofter to ask, and to keep them aware.  This was the first time they responded by saying that they are going to be shipping up here.  usually I get the "this is something we are looking into" but never anything this direct.  Maybe we should all send them a note to show them how seriously anxious we are for them to cater to us, and soon.

Wudstar

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »

That sounds like a good idea Wudstar, then we can see if we all get the same response.   :lol:
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »

I wonder when/if they do ship to Canada will it be by UPS or FedEx. If it ends up being that route the brokerage fees will kill it all anyway.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »

Quote from: "Eradicator"
I wonder when/if they do ship to Canada will it be by UPS or FedEx. If it ends up being that route the brokerage fees will kill it all anyway.
Yeah it's USPS or nothing. I just got a MASK vehicle from a guy and I asked him not to use UPS but he misunderstood. The item was $20 and I paid him $15 for shipping, he put $35 on the form and they charged me.. That's right, $37.. More than the item is worth. USPS would have cost me absolutely nothing. :cobra:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

Quote from: "GOLD5"
Yeah it's USPS or nothing. I just got a MASK vehicle from a guy and I asked him not to use UPS but he misunderstood. The item was $20 and I paid him $15 for shipping, he put $35 on the form and they charged me.. That's right, $37.. More than the item is worth. USPS would have cost me absolutely nothing. :cobra:

Call them on that. I've had the same thing and demanded a refund in the past. I did get it.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »

UPS always has a flat minimum rate of $30.00 for brokerage fees - so THEY can handle the paperwork and duty charges for you.

It's pathetic, and they're the only company I know of that does it.

I refuse to use them now and actually won't order items from websites if they use UPS now.

FedEx for the win.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »

I gave up on UPS about a year ago - Fedex is currently getting all of my shipping at work.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 04:04:02 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Quote from: "GOLD5"

Call them on that. I've had the same thing and demanded a refund in the past. I did get it.

Haha, I tried contacting them several times by email but no response. They no longer answer the phone, and just have a lengthy and frustratingly long pre-recorded message. When you say agent or press zero, they explain that they can't take the call in another really long message which eventually hangs up on you. They called me when the package first came into Canada and said on the phone that it would be $20 for the fee but then the slip said $36. I guess they can call you but you can't call them. I will get my revenge someday though, I was thinking about making a UPS haters website or something.