JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HASBRO Q&A - WINTER 2009!  (Read 7678 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: HASBRO Q&A - WINTER 2009!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »

While I can understand the thought process Mike, I can't agree with the conclusion.

Most of these boards have asked this question multiple times.  It is the same answer every time.  It won't change this time either.  I feel that especially if we only have 3 questions this time that we don't waste one on the same question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Killjoy

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:21 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"
* - The US exclusvies still tend to be based on retailers wanting them (Zellers, TRU).  It seems that the 25th line just isn't strong enough to warrant large interest up here (from retailers).  I can hope, but I think we already have been told it is up to the retailers and how well the line does.  If we are lucky then the movie will increase interest/sales and make it more likely to get exclusives.

Granted it also depends on if the retailers are interested in them. But are they being offered them? Is Hasbro actually marketing it to them? Or just tossing some UPC codes at retailers and nothing more. And tell me that the US really has the interest when the UBP starts at $63 and drops to a reported $28 in some areas? Don't you see a potential marketing strategy that is flawed here? 

You can also pretty much answer a lot of questions with "retailer interest". The Rattler and Conquest were to be available to a wider distrubution during one Hasbro Q&A and then they release them again as another Target exclusive. So Hasbro is retooling molds for only Target?

Quite frankly, I don't care if Hasbro answers this question. I'm really tempted to quit or significantly scale back on GI Joe purchases mainly due to the lack of availablity of exclusives in Canada. So much so, that I packed up all my Joes and don't care if I get another one right now. I know people have used that as a threat before, which is why I posed the question as I did.

Killjoy

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 12:44:51 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"
While I can understand the thought process Mike, I can't agree with the conclusion.

Most of these boards have asked this question multiple times.  It is the same answer every time.  It won't change this time either.  I feel that especially if we only have 3 questions this time that we don't waste one on the same question.

Just a question on this as you both raise some thoughts, but why can't a "reminder" (aka - we were wondering about the status of the question of __________ asked last round) about a previous question be posed without actually using up a quesiton. And include it at the end, so if they are going to count it, they will just cut it off. They promised an answer, and this would be a gentle reminder to them. Just a thought...

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »

Killjoy,

I like your suggestion for the HTS scenario.

In response to the exclusives.  I believe, but don't quote me, that Hasbro starts out with a general offer for items and if there isn't interest then it goes to specific retailers with incentives to carry the item.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:38 AM »

I'm still working on the phrasing but my question would be what are they doing to sell their product to retail stores like Walmart here in Canada because right now I can't find single carded Joes anywhere but it seems all kinds of Walmarts around SW Ontario have way too many Combat Heroes. Are they providing these stores with pictures and descriptions? Are they properly educating these stores on the product so they don't order the wrong thing or so they know what sells really well and what doesnt?

(if someone can take that and make sense of it that would be awesome lol)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"
I'm still working on the phrasing but my question would be what are they doing to sell their product to retail stores like Walmart here in Canada because right now I can't find single carded Joes anywhere but it seems all kinds of Walmarts around SW Ontario have way too many Combat Heroes. Are they providing these stores with pictures and descriptions? Are they properly educating these stores on the product so they don't order the wrong thing or so they know what sells really well and what doesnt?

(if someone can take that and make sense of it that would be awesome lol)

It's up to each store on what stock they carry. I see Joes on the pegs EVERY time I go into a Walmart.

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »

Are we ever going to see the vehicles released after wave one on Canadian retail shelves? It would be nice to get the exclusives but how about some news on the mainline vehicles first.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »

Thread locked. Questions have been submitted.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.