JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: WINTER 2009 Q&A ANSWERS  (Read 5275 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
WINTER 2009 Q&A ANSWERS
« on: March 13, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Hasbro Has Answered the 3 questions we sent. See below!

*1)* What is Hasbro Canada doing to bring more US exclusive (i.e. Target exclusives such as the Ultimate Battle Pack, PP Conquest and TF Rattler) to Canadian retail shelves? It is becoming very disheartening to not see
these to the point that we're feeling aliened as consumers.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will look into this.  This
issue is more retailer specific as Wal-Mart, Target, TRU exclusives
available in the US should also be available for their Canadian
counterparts to order as well.

*2)* Will the rest of the 25th anniversary DVD Packs and Vehicles see a wide release in Canada like the first wave? It's hard to build the MASS device when only 2 of the 5 packs have shown up at retail.

Yes, as Canada works through inventory, they will get to packs 3, 4, and 5.

*3)* Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) were told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and other fans of Marvel lines and various Hasbro offerings have all been waiting for HTS to
start this. In the last JoeCanuck.com Q & A, Hasbro stated "We will follow up with HTS on this.  Thanks for the patience and as always, the enthusiasm". Has there been any progress in possibly a time line for this to begin?

It is remains Hasbro?s intent to ship to Canada via HTS however we do not
have a further update at this time.  Thank you for your continuing
patience.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:53:51 PM by Anonymous »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: WINTER 2009 Q&A ANSWERS
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »

Shock of shocks about the HTS question.

Can we NOW please stop with this question for future sessions?  If they had given us a solid answer about their future actions to try and resolve this issue I would be all for asking again, but it is clear that it is an after thought and we should stop wasting a question.

Good to hear about later waves.  ALthough with the sheer amount of wave 1 stuff it may not be as great as we had hoped.  However it was nice to see a concrete answer rather than some nebulous one.

On another board they got an answer about the wave 5 vehicles:

"There is a chance that these will make it to shelves before the movie in large retailers, it is based on each retailer and their inventory of vehicles.  They will be available online for sure."

So these might make it to chains depending on whether there is interest.  It was worded a little strange, making it seem like these could have been released after the movie as well.  So go buy extra vehicles to clear space!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:33 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
*2)* Will the rest of the 25th anniversary DVD Packs and Vehicles see a wide release in Canada like the first wave? It's hard to build the MASS device when only 2 of the 5 packs have shown up at retail.

Yes, as Canada works through inventory, they will get to packs 3, 4, and 5.

Wow. I have never seen such a positive answer. Not "If Canada works through it's inventory of DVD packs" but a flat out yes.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »

You know, it's really hard to have such a passion for the G.I. Joe line and to organize and run a convention based on the Hasbro brand when they don't give a shit about serving this countries collecting needs via HTS.

Let's see... if I lived in the U.S., this is what would happen if I ordered from HTS:

1. Place items that I want in card.
2. Check out.
3. Enter CC & shipping info.
4. Order items get pulled, put into box.
5. Label gets slapped on the box.
6. Box gets shipped.
7. I get my items. Yay!

Now let's see what happens when a Canadian orders from HTS.

1. Place items in cart.
2. Check Out.
3. Enter CC and shipping info.... huh?? What? I can't??
4. Get mad and/or cry.

Of course, I can order from 99% of the other toy sites I go to - even Mattel. Seriously Hasbro, you ARE losing money by not allowing it.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

Nevermind the TF Rattler and PP Conquest, it'd be nice to see the first-run exclusives up here.  They've had a year on shelves state-side - I say that after a year, exclusives should no longer be "exclusive" and should see a wide release. 

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »

Great to hear about the DVD sets, but I never even saw the first two in Wal-mart, so that diminishes my hope of finding number 5 at retail. As is, it was not more than an extra dollar or two to get sets three and four from the states. The Target stuff though...I just spent nearly $100 on ebay to get 30 dollars worth of toys going by MSRP :(

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 07:30:52 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"
Nevermind the TF Rattler and PP Conquest, it'd be nice to see the first-run exclusives up here.  They've had a year on shelves state-side - I say that after a year, exclusives should no longer be "exclusive" and should see a wide release. 

Actually they're usually only exclusive in the US, so Target exclusives are available to Canadian retailers from day one. For example, Zellers carried some target exclusive star wars stuff a while back, and TRU even brought in target exclusive snowspeeders (target sticker and all). In this case it seems Canadian retailers up here just passed on them.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

Quote from: "darth cujo"

Actually they're usually only exclusive in the US, so Target exclusives are available to Canadian retailers from day one. For example, Zellers carried some target exclusive star wars stuff a while back, and TRU even brought in target exclusive snowspeeders (target sticker and all). In this case it seems Canadian retailers up here just passed on them.

Dang!  But then there's hope...  Maybe when some of the Wave 1 vehicles stop clogging shelves, they'll order some of the "exclusives"

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »

Dang!  But then there's hope...  Maybe when some of the Wave 1 vehicles stop clogging shelves, they'll order some of the "exclusives"

Yeah, that isn't going to happen.  The only way they are going to order exclusives is if the movie product does well.  Before the first TF movie, you had the odd exclusive find it's way to Canada, after the movie almost every exclusive has come to Canada for TFs.  GI JOE needs that same result for things to change up here.

With the complete over order of wave 1 vehicles, and the stupid case make up we aren't going to see much in the lead up to the movie.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »

In this case it seems Canadian retailers up here just passed on them.
What does it take to be considered a retailer? If the big retailers always pass on them, they should make them available to direct comic shops and online toy sellers like DTC. I just got the ultimate pack for $40 plus $25 shipping on ebay. Still well under original SRP. They went on sale at Target so now's the time to get one. :cobra: