JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New International GIJOE: RISE OF COBRA Trailer!  (Read 2823 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:01:41 PM by Stealth Viper »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: New International GIJOE: RISE OF COBRA Trailer!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »

I have to say..... that was awesome.

It looks like a majorly fun ride and should get an entire new breed of Joe Fans interested in G.I. Joe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:06:06 PM »

Great summer flick.
Say no to AFA.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »

After seeing the other trailers and hearing what people have to say about the movie, I think it's going to be pretty cool!  At this point I'm just happy GI Joe is finally hitting the big screen!
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »

I think the best way to sum up my feelings is cautiously optimistic about the movie.  However after seeing this trailer I've gotta say it has definitely kicked it up a notch for me.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 10:59:49 AM »

I'm not sold on the super suits but at this point I have to accept that and enjoy the movie anyway. Which I will. The rest of it looks pretty great. I like that underwater Cobra base or whatever that is.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

Someone have to say it, so I will. I was not sold and I'm still not.

Teenagers, dressed in black Power Ranger suits, helped by a Robocop armors won't give me my childhood GI Joe  ::)

It may be a good Sci-Fi movie, but it will be strange to hear GI Joe character's names all the time. But, since it's a Sci-Fi movie, all names and places are just fiction and unrelated with reality  :P

The GI Joe line has so many cool vehicles (like Flight pod, SNAKE, VAMP, AWE, APC, HISS, FIrebats and many many more!) do it really needs James Bond's mini Caravan with hidden missiles and other gadgets?

The movie we will see and nothing related to the core GI Joe line that has made is success between 1982 and 1987, and so far far away from the GI Joe in the 60s and 70s.

That is why I don't like what I see. And before someone ask, no I didn't like Transformers the movie either. I didn't get what Megatron was supposed to transform in... was it a spaceship with nails and  teeth ???

I'm old I guess!

Martin

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:21:23 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Someone have to say it, so I will. I was not sold and I'm still not.

Teenagers, dressed in black Power Ranger suits, helped by a Robocop armors won't give me my childhood GI Joe  ::)

It may be a good Sci-Fi movie, but it will be strange to hear GI Joe character's names all the time. But, since it's a Sci-Fi movie, all names and places are just fiction and unrelated with reality  :P

The GI Joe line has so many cool vehicles (like Flight pod, SNAKE, VAMP, AWE, APC, HISS, FIrebats and many many more!) do it really needs James Bond's mini Caravan with hidden missiles and other gadgets?

The movie we will see and nothing related to the core GI Joe line that has made is success between 1982 and 1987, and so far far away from the GI Joe in the 60s and 70s.

That is why I don't like what I see. And before someone ask, no I didn't like Transformers the movie either. I didn't get what Megatron was supposed to transform in... was it a spaceship with nails and  teeth ???

I'm old I guess!

Martin

Ya, what he said.

CADPAT

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »

Did we watch the same trailer?  :wink:

I'd have to say "yes". A seemingly ordinary Hummer H2 is a much more appropriate choice for the modern global arms dealer going about his business in a major urban centre than a Cobra RAGE street tank. ;)

Besides, we've seen that an aircraft clearly based on the old Night Raven is going to feature in the film, so it's not like they're completely ignoring what's gone before, though, then again, some of those designs haven't really aged well either, particularly the SNAKE, which is essentially the same thing as the movie's "Robocop" armour you so dislike, only confined to the limits of what could be extrapolated from 1980s-era technology and obviously obsolescent in a post-millenial setting.

Nonsense. Everything we've seen thus far indicates that this film hews closely to the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero core concept of military fantasy set "15 minutes into the future" with things like weaponized nanites, liquid reactive armour and powered exoskeletons. Heck, they've even got Cobra attacking the Eiffel Tower like in the original Sunbow M.A.S.S. Device mini-series.