JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: insurace?  (Read 2428 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
insurace?
« on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »

I was told that my renters insurance would not cover my gijoe and other various figures, cars ect. in the event something should happen to them except fire. Before they would insure them i have to take pictures, catalog everything, blah, blah, blah, Main thing they want me to do is get my collection appraised. Does anyone know where to get that done? Or if i should even bother with it? does anyone else have their stuff appraised/insured?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: insurace?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
http://www.collectinsure.com/
Does it work here in Canada?

Martin

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »

not that im aware of i looked yesterday
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »

Hi.

I just so happen to be an insurance broker and perhaps I can give you a few tips. The real answer to your question is that it depends on your insurance company. Some companies ask for appraisals and some don't. It all depends on your collection and value of items. Personally, I have a separate rider on my house policy that covers my toys. I think I am using a $15,000 limit and my insurance is currently through Intact (formerly ING Canada). The only stipulation on my coverage is that no one item is over $500. I don't have anything that high valued but if I did I should just be able to schedule on just the one item by itself. The only think I had to do was send my company a few pictures so they got the idea of what I am insuring. I think my rider costs me about $200 a year or somewhere in there. My coverage is on an All Risk form. aka Comprehensive Form. You don't want Broad Form coverage on a personal home or tenants policy. Broad Form sounds good but it isn't great. Although, when it comes to commercial insurance Broad Form and All Risk are the same thing. How is that for confusing? No wonder people don't like dealing with insurance.

You may want to talk to your broker and find out if they can shop your policy and try and find another company that will insure your collection.
Hopefully, this helps you out a bit.