JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: walmart exclusives  (Read 3632 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
walmart exclusives
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:55:02 PM »

Looks like walmart is going to be getting some exclusive 2 packs. I like the tunnel rat better then the comic pack version, i picked it up off ebay for 10 bucks :shifty:. They fixed tunnel rats thumbs for the walmart exclusive. Just not sure when they are coming out.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi- ... acks-8318/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: walmart exclusives
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »

From what I know they are suppose to be released the same time the movie figures are in July.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »

And...According to Hasbro Canada at the Con, Canada will be getting all the exclusives!!!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:48:33 AM »

Someone from Markham ON is selling Monkeywrench and Tunnel Rat W-M versions. You reckon these are already in Canada at Walmart distro centers?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
Someone from Markham ON is selling Monkeywrench and Tunnel Rat W-M versions. You reckon these are already in Canada at Walmart distro centers?

Not yet.  That sellers is actually a bit dishonest.  They are selling in Ontario, but everything ships out of China.  I bought some stuff from them and the package came from China.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »

I bought two items from this seller and have not received them over 3 weeks ago.  We are currently trying to negotiate getting other figures or a refund.  And yes, this guy ships from Hong Kong - under the eBay name of handytoy.  I know other board members have had some luck with him, but you should check out his feedback before dealing with him.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »

that is the seller i got my tunnel rat from (handytoys), on may 20 bought and paid for it that day. I recived it yesterday, i was thinking of getting more but if everyone else is having bad luck then maybe i wont.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »

Most people get their stuff, but at are not.  One of the items I purchased was a Reactive Armor Duke.  Someone else purchased another one a couple of days later and never got theirs either (but left positive feedback????). 
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »

This may be becoming my own personal rant, but I thought I'd take him up on his offer to select 2 figs from his store.  I swore I saw a Tunnel Rat, but when I asked, he said it was gone.  I checked and it was no longer in the store.  Then I saw that he had both Shockblast and Nightcreeper so I though I'd ask for them.  He replies that he only has Shockblast - and sho nuf' it's off the page too when I checked again.  Thank god for Paypal - even if they screw you on exchange.

So, in conclusion, I guess I would advise anyone to not buy f handytoy - unless you like to gamble!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »

(I thought linking to that site was...  ahem...  discouraged.)

Nice to see some Walmart exclusives.  I'd be excited for the Target ones if Target was up here...  these ones should be nice, though.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"

Nice to see some Walmart exclusives.  I'd be excited for the Target ones if Target was up here...  these ones should be nice, though.

We may get the Target exclusives yet.  Zellers is owned by the same company and they stock Target Star Wars exclusives.  And garanteed we'll get the Toys R Us exclusives.
Now only if Sears would carry the Kmart exclusives.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

Quote from: "Canuklehead"

Is it. But they've allowed a ton of thread relating to the HATE, The Convention, and some newsletter ones. So.... meh?

I'd still prefer the sites that post the news FIRST get the referral link. So check around for other options first. ;-)