JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Saw the movie  (Read 6227 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Saw the movie
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:28 AM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
For God's sake, PLEASE get rid of that stupid, idiotic, goofy !@#$ing molded mouth on Snake-Eyes!  It annoyed me every time I saw it!

I still don't see what the big deal is..... everyone complains about that mouth - but the 1985 Snake Eyes HAD a mouth on the figure. Go look. It's been there for 24 years.

I'd be complaining over the lame-ass white outfit he was wearing in one scene.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
For God's sake, PLEASE get rid of that stupid, idiotic, goofy !@#$ing molded mouth on Snake-Eyes!  It annoyed me every time I saw it!

I still don't see what the big deal is..... everyone complains about that mouth - but the 1985 Snake Eyes HAD a mouth on the figure. Go look. It's been there for 24 years.

I'd be complaining over the lame-ass white outfit he was wearing in one scene.  :lol:

Yes does have a mouth but it's not a noticable on V2 Snake Eyes. Heck, that was the first thing I pointed out to Greg at the Hasbro both this year when I saw the Snake Eyes action figure. I said it might be an issue with some people. I had no idea at the time it was going to look so bad in the movie. The problem is the Snake Eyes costume was way to much rubber, much like the old Bat Man costume. They should have looked at the Snake Eyes costume like it was a real outfit, and not try to make him look like a super hero. That way he would have had a cloth outfit, and not rubber.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38:21 PM »

I wasn't bothered by the molded mouth really. I'd prefer it not there if given the option but it didn't bug me to see it.

I felt the computer graphics looks a little unfinished and sometimes it bumped me out of the story but it was easy enough to get back in to it. I hope they make toys of the SHARC's because they looked pretty awesome.

I still don't like the Delta 6 suits but the scene was kind of fun regardless and I cheered when Ripcord got hit by the car...I think if I had made the movie I would have given them cool motorbikes instead of the suits. It seems odd to me to see them running after the Cobra SUV. I didn't buy it. But I told myself that I didn't buy the Fatal Fluffies back in the day and I still watch and enjoy that Joe movie anyway. Actually once I put it in that perspective I was able to enjoy movie.

I'm going to see it again this afternoon.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"

I felt the computer graphics looks a little unfinished and sometimes it bumped me out of the story but it was easy enough to get back in to it. I hope they make toys of the SHARC's because they looked pretty awesome.

But I told myself that I didn't buy the Fatal Fluffies back in the day and I still watch and enjoy that Joe movie anyway. Actually once I put it in that perspective I was able to enjoy movie.

I forgot to mention the computer graphics.  They look like early 2000's computer graphics in several spots.  I guess Paramount didn't want to spring for ILM to do the effects for this one...I always thought Transformers kind of set the new standard for computer graphics, and I wish ROC's would have at least been up to those.

And my one other complaint is that you have to look really, really hard to see Larry Hama's cameo.  If I hadn't seen a special that showed him during the filming of the scene I wouldn't have caught him.  They should have let the Father of Modern GI Joe walk up and shake hands and maybe have a few words with Hawk or something.

And LMAO at the Fatal Fluffies.  Those things were terrible.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 04:13:52 PM »

Errr, where was Larry? I missed him.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 06:46:56 PM »

At the NATO briefing at the start - he was in the crowd.

Apparently from what I was told, he was to have a bigger part... I think it was supposed to be HIM that tells Hawk to bring the Joes back. ...and he's apparently heavily decorated with ranks and such.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »

You can get an idea of where he was sitting in this promotional clip

http://ramascreen.com/larry-hama-the-godfather-of-g-i-joe/

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »

I read a review in the news paper that Marlon Waynes Ripcord character is reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars.  How fitting.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

CADPAT

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
You will hate Marlon Wayans after watching it. Even if you liked him before, you won't after.
No kidding. I was indifferent to him beforehand, but now, I don't think I hate any other person in Hollywood quite as much as Marlon Wayans (with the the possible exceptions of Stuart Beattie, Steven Sommers and Lorenzo de Bonaventura).

Rachel Nichols is smoking hot, but needed more character development.
Basically, it seems like her part was more "token object of desire for Marlon Wayans" than "Shana 'Scarlett' O'Hara". I mean, apart from shoot random Vipers what exactly did she do but serve as an enabler to Wayans' character?

Quote from: "Realboss"
I read a review in the news paper that Marlon Waynes Ripcord character is reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars.  How fitting.
Indeed.