JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New?? Viper and BAT 5 packs.  (Read 3557 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
New?? Viper and BAT 5 packs.
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:34:04 PM »

http://www.theterrordrome.com/

Well it looks like the Viper 5 pack is back, and we get a nice way to army build the BATs.  No word on whether these are actually going to see the light of day at retail, but I am really hoping so.

qucik addition:

So far the prevailing theory is that these are like the "WAVE 14" figures.  Samples that somehow got pretty far along, but won't see the light of day since ROC is the prevailing theme and these have 25th all over them.  The Viper pack was seen awhile ago and this set still has the old wrists and no chrome.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:39:59 PM by canprime »

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New?? Viper and BAT 5 packs.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these will be released, hopefully as online exclusives. However, I'm not holding my breath. I think that if they were coming, we would have heard about them at SDCC or Joecon. More likely, these are production samples that were made before the packs got cancelled.

OB
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

CF

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://mygijoewebsite.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »

I might pick those sets up. i don't collect 25th I only have a few things that I wanted and these two sets are something I want.

CF :cobra:
I LOVE THESE  :cobra:  \":timbits:\"  \":mrt:\"

Check out my site.
http://mygijoewebsite.webs.com/

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »

Oh man I'd buy three or four of each. Please Hasbro for the love of all that is good and right in the world release these sets in Canada!

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:44:23 PM »

Release em in Canada?  Hell just release em period.  I know the big push is behind the movie but collectors are still clamoring for more 25th product.  And these would be some great troop builder packs.

One hopeful note: the Viper pack had already been mocked up in packaging similar to the troop builders from TRU bc it was supposed to be a TRU exclusive.  And here it is in packaging much more similar to the "Cobra Island" packs than to the TRU packs.  So if they went THAT far along with it, plans to release it not just once but TWICE...well I would say that bodes well.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »

If you knew how much I had to pay to get the previous box sets imported you'd better understand my sentiments.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »

Id pick up the viper one, dunno about the bat one, I have several spare BATs I dont even want (the cobra island packs only added more bats)
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »

I won't miss these sets if they never show up. You can get BATS and VIPERS anywhere else, and for dirt cheap. Now, to get never before seen figures like Lampreys, Alley Vipers, Recondo, now that is something that anyone should really look forward. Well, I'm no real army builder, I used to be one yes, so I understand how you feel about getting so many of these guys in one single pack.
2 + 2 = 22

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
If you knew how much I had to pay to get the previous box sets imported you'd better understand my sentiments.

Do you mean the Assault on/Defense of packs?  They're in Canada...  They're literally collecting dust on comic shops shelves near my place.  and there were more than I could count at various vendors at FanExpo in T.O. - $40 each.

Unless I'm thinking of a different box set than you...

Anyway, as much as I adore the 25th line - and as enticing as these are to me - they're still just two boxes of characters I already have.  I'd have to see them priced below $25, for me to be interested enough to buy.  Unless I, you know, strike it rich...  then who cares!

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »

I meant the latest Cobra Island box sets.