JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Be very careful before buying a Viper Pilot right now...  (Read 4269 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Be very careful before buying a Viper Pilot right now...
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »

Hey guys...

I didn't post here before about this because I didn't really see a problem about people making fake Cobra troopers in different colors (Green camo, Tan, Black, Crimson, White, Grey, etc.)... like we saw at the Canadian convention with Crimson and with Black Cobra troopers.

There is that very long thread on Yo Joe about it. I also post there some feedback about two different sellers making Black and Crimson Troopers.
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=66821&page=14

BUT, now I have to warn you about fake Viper Pilot. You may say it was the obvious and logical next Cobra troopers to be done... yes, that is now the next one.

So, be very careful before buying a $20 Viper Pilot in the next months... and before buying any Perfect logo Viper Pilot for the rest of your life  :'(

What do you think?

Martin
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:14:40 PM by martin-montreal »

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Be very careful before buying a Viper Pilot right now...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 09:32:43 PM »

you mean these martin? and is this the seller you are talking about also?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Gi-joe-Cobra-Soldier ... 286.c0.m14
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »

Yes, but my goal wasn't to promote is auction...  :-[, my goal was to inform people about those fake troopers in blue outfit with a silver logo on their chest.

Martin

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49:42 PM »

I have no problems with reproductions provided they are altered from the originals.  Good thing I finished the original ARAH run years ago so I don't have worry about stuff like this.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:38 PM »

he has them labeled as customs right int the title of the auction, i think they are cool, and i was going to bid, untill something better came up. I think, as long as he is not trying to pass them off as originals, and is lableing them customs, all is good.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »

It is really getting interesting.  I posted over at Joecustoms in a thread about an AFA graded 84 Storm Shadow that turns out to be a repro.  

Of course the thread is mostly about AFA being a joke, especially since they claim they won't grade such items (knowingly).

But I get the feeling that we are only at the beginning of what we saw over the past few years within the TF community.  They have had G1 repros/bootlegs/etc.  for a couple of years now.  The only difference for us so far is that the guys doing it haven't tried to remake the packaging and sell them as originals MISB.

I have to admit though, that I wouldn't be above picking up some ARAH vehicles if they were redone by these guys.  Especially if they were original molds and vehicles we haven't seen hide nor hair of since the 25th line started.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:49 AM »

Wow. I really like that Camo trooper.

I want one.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Yes, but my goal wasn't to promote is auction...  :-[, my goal was to inform people about those fake troopers in blue outfit with a silver logo on their chest.

Martin

If the people that make them advertize them as customs, that sounds okay to me. However it's more those that will buy to resale them and pass them off as ORIGINALS that are the problem. That wouldn't be ethical in the Joeverse.

All in all, I used to own this figure and sold it. So I don't think of even buying this one, but I think it's always a useful thread to those that never owned it and want a shot at him for a decent price ( hoping!).

And the camo one looks awesome. I would like it if they could make one that is all white, like an arctic trooper...does it even exist?
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:07 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I would like it if they could make one that is all white, like an arctic trooper...does it even exist?

No, it doesn't...  :P

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

I used to collect Mego's. I still would but I have (most) all the ones I wanted so I stopped. One thing that really helped me was Dr. Mego. A website where you could get reproduction accessories and capes etc. I don't really care if mine are 100% original or not and if I ever sell them (which I wont) I will make note as to what is repro and what isn't. But as a whole I'm satisfied because my Mego's look complete and not like beat up toys from the 70's.

So in this case, I think its cool they're making fake Cobra soldiers so long as they don't pass them off as real. Also they can make some new color schemes and such that Hasbro couldn't do.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "latinjoe22"
I would like it if they could make one that is all white, like an arctic trooper...does it even exist?

No, it doesn't...  :P

MUhahahahHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Nice, thanks Martin I look forward to finding one of these guys to go with my Artic Hiss.  :cobra:
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 12:54:46 PM »

Quote from: "dodge822"
he has them labeled as customs right int the title of the auction, i think they are cool, and i was going to bid, untill something better came up. I think, as long as he is not trying to pass them off as originals, and is lableing them customs, all is good.

The problem is when bootleg replicas such as Viper Pilot get re-sold.  Not every seller is honest out there.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67