JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: OCT. 2009 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 3424 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
OCT. 2009 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
« on: October 19, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »

http://kraftwerkdigital.com/joecanuck/OCT09.pdf

It's a smaller edition this month, but we've given you a Halloween Treat with our first Halloween Edition!

As always, we'd love to hear what you think, so be sure to post your comments in this thread!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:58:59 PM by Stealth Viper »

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
Re: OCT. 2009 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »

The retrospective on the Joe 'costumes' was priceless!  I remember those licensed costumes...  A plastic bib with a picture of the character and a crappy mask with a very thin elastic band.  Good times!

I've nearly finished my piece for the November newsletter.  I'll send it to you soon via PM, Mike!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

pluv

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

What is this JoeCustoms you speak of? :D  Good stuff.  The young Piper has been filed away for later photoshopping.  I miss those old costumes.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »

Nice work again guys!

Monster mash-up was interesting. It gives me an idea not for figures but to use those techniques in other things should I actually ever take the plunge into dio building.

Costume and face masks articles were also interesting. I am unfamiliar with the reason the Gi Joe mask has a scar. Can someone enlighten?
 I remember as a kid always using a shortened broom handle shoved into bike hand grip as my ninja swords I would have killed to have the costumes and role play toys they have today. Love the Cobra Commander;s outfit, can you actually see through the face plate? Also probably doesn't look as good on someone who isn't slim.

I enjoyed reading the Cobra La article as well but I don't know what to think about the whole idea of Cobra La. I would have to say I'm mostly indifferent about it but with a slight tendency to say boo.  Mostly because it took everything I know about cobra and threw it out the window, at least it did in my eyes. Plus I never liked Duke, he should have died. Obvious the movie was already finished when they decided to have him live. BOO!!

Basically I enjoyed everything (as I always do) and have two questions: does anyone else think the guy from EE looks a little like charlie sheen? Mostly the expression on the figures face reminds me of him on Two and Half Men. Also who is that?

I'll be waiting for next month.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »

Quote from: "B"
Basically I enjoyed everything (as I always do) and have two questions: does anyone else think the guy from EE looks a little like charlie sheen? Mostly the expression on the figures face reminds me of him on Two and Half Men. Also who is that?

I'll be waiting for next month.

It's a custom Martin Sheen as President Bartlet from the TV show, The West Wing.

He's the president in the EE universe. 
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"