JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GIJoe The Rise Of Cobra sequel tidbits  (Read 8160 times)

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
GIJoe The Rise Of Cobra sequel tidbits
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »

I just finished watching the commentary for the movie and they elude to a few things that will show up in the sequel, such as Storm Shadow(still alive) not being the one who killed the Hard Master and Dr. Mindbender having a larger role in the next movie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Re: GIJoe The Rise Of Cobra sequel tidbits
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »

The comic (and from what I hear, the novel) adaptation of Rise Of Cobra has Storm Shadow outright say that he was not the one who killed the Hard Master.
Can't understand why they'd leave something like that out of the movie itself, though.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
The comic (and from what I hear, the novel) adaptation of Rise Of Cobra has Storm Shadow outright say that he was not the one who killed the Hard Master.
Can't understand why they'd leave something like that out of the movie itself, though.

I read somewhere that the ending didn't test well with audiences.  Originally they left that part in the movie where SS tells SE that he didn't kill their master.  Unfortunately that made SE look like a killer in the audiences eyes because he killed SS even knowing he didn't kill their master.  So they cut it from the movie to keep SE more heroic.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"

It was in the novel, yes.  Snakes didn't seem too care much though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:05:58 AM by pdaat »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »

I read somewhere that the ending didn't test well with audiences.  Originally they left that part in the movie where SS tells SE that he didn't kill their master.  Unfortunately that made SE look like a killer in the audiences eyes because he killed SS even knowing he didn't kill their master.  So they cut it from the movie to keep SE more heroic.
[/quote]

Sommers commented on that very issue and said people were confused because it did make Snake Eyes out to be a cold blooded killer and it took away from Storm Shadows evil persona.  They said it would be explained in a flash back in the sequel.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »

One of the things I didn't like about the movie was it completely failed to show SE and SS as having any kind of bond. The movie portrayed them as enemies from their first meeting all the way through. It was so one dimensional. Basically SE was good and SS was bad, so when the end came there was no real tension regarding their relationship. Two old friends facing eachother on the opposite sides. This is one of the aspects of their relationship that was consistent through all continuities and they dropped it in the movie.
In the movie, if I recall correctly, you see SE sort of look at SS fall almost like SE has some regret, but it's completely useless since SS is purely portrayed as a jerk through the whole film. Just one of the failures of the movie in my opinion.

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »

Forget the sequel. They should just pretend the first one doesn't exist (ala Highlander 2, Hulk) and start over again.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »

Quote from: "Eradicator"
Forget the sequel. They should just pretend the first one doesn't exist (ala Highlander 2, Hulk) and start over again.
No, no. You're thinking of Resolute there.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

Quote from: "Eradicator"

Problem is the movie made too much money unlike the other two you mentioned.
Sommers also stated that this movie set a record for how quickly it was produced in such short time for a block buster type movie..  From being rushed into production by the studio once it was given the green light, shot in 86 days and as about as much time in pre-production with.

Resolute also seemed rushed, no where near what I thought it would be from the promo scene they released a year earlier.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:52:56 PM by Realboss »

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »

Ya, you are right. It all comes down to how much money you can make.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

As per various sites, the writers have confirmed that the sequel will be a follow up to the first movie but follow more closely with roots of the toyline.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Robimus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cccomiccon.com
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »

I would have prefered that Storm Shadow stayed dead, but anyway. I'm still very much looking forward to the sequel. Maybe we'll get Firefly?
Visit the Central Canada Comic Con Website!
www.cccomiccon.com