JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: January 2010 Newsletter Online!  (Read 4646 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
January 2010 Newsletter Online!
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »

Our 25th Issue is now available! Click HERE to check it out! Chacal Noir review, GI Joe Battleship, some new faces, and much more!
Don't forget to let us know what you think!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:56:57 AM by THE Mike™ »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Re: January 2010 Newsletter Online!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »

Over 100 views and no comments?  :shifty:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »

I always enjoy reading the newsletter every month... or sometimes 2 at the time when I missed one :wink:.

Here is a constructive feedback, I find it easier to read a low case written article than an all uppercase article.

... and where is the comic at the end?  :'(  I loved those dudes  :cobra:!

Can't wait to read next month articles!

Martin

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Here is a constructive feedback, I find it easier to read a low case written article than an all uppercase article.

That needs to be taken up with the writer, as I only copy and paste the submitted articles. If I spot an error, I'll correct it, but there's no way I'm re-typing it all. ;-)

You're not the first to mention that. I saw a couple of other mentions on other sites about it... I think I can safely say that won't happen again. ;-)

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
... and where is the comic at the end?  :'(  I loved those dudes  :cobra:!

They blew up? No? ;-)
Raptor stated a couple of months ago that family life and work is his priority now (as it should be), so we may not get Evil Empires in each issue, or any longer. Only he can say for sure. ;-)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
If I spot an error, I'll correct it, but there's no way I'm re-typing it all. ;-)

No need for re-typing... In Microsoft Word, Select all, Format > Change case > Sentence case. Voilà!  ;D

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
They blew up? No? ;-)

Maybe, but they can go back in time, change the future then... oh wait, this is not Lost right? :-[

Martin

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

didnt even know it was up, didnt get the usual email notification  :'(
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

The Baron

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 09:28:39 PM »

Thank you very much for the invitation, and my apologies for the upper-case submission.  Time was a factor so I copied and pasted the article from my website (presented there in a militaristic stencil font).  If anyone is majorly put off by the format, I have a lower-case version viewable HERE.  Again, my apologies for not thinking, It won't happen again!

The newsletter looks very strong, needless to say I am extremely envious of your exclusive figure!  If I could be picky, I'd suggest using a right-justified format.  I'd also consider presenting the articles in columns, it was brought to my attention recently that having text on the full width of the screen is harder to read - basically you get to the end of one line and rather than your eye jumping to the next, there's a brief moment of hesitation where you have to hunt for it.  I now have to rewrite a few bits on BFTB as a result.

Are there any plans to further incorporate forum membership?  I'm thinking of stuff like competitions and fanfic / artwork.  I'd also advocate a variety of other formats, as a comic scanner I'm far more geared towards Cdisplay than Acrobat.  I've recently implemented the freeware simpleviewer on my site which I am very impressed with and can recommend.  I too would like to see a comic in there - if you guys are ever short of a submission you are more than welcome to use any of the BFTB archives.  What about an ongoing dio?

For reference I didn't receive any notification either.  Are they sent to all forum members?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:31:44 PM by The Baron »

jamarmiller

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bloodforthebaron.com
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 07:08:29 AM »

Hell ya ! loved that AF article!

BLOOD FOR THE BARON !!!
LONG LIVE THE RED SHADOWS

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »

sorry i've been busy so I only finished reading it yesterday.  I liked it.  I love that you guys have added some "big names" from some other sites (I'm talking General Hawk and Pluv) I'd also like to thank the outgoing guys for all their hard work (here's a 21 gun salute)

The spooks and fury force sets article was excellent. I've always appreciated other people's custom though I don't do any myself. I love seeing an awesome project come about. Great job by the guys at JoeCustoms and anyone here who had a hand in making those sets.

I read the card game article, it was written well but the idea of those type of card games has never appealed to much for me. I do like the fans' "spirit" in keeping the game alive though.

Figure review  for Arctice Assult SE was fine, although I like the Ice viper in the picture better.
The review for Chacal Noir was good as well, although I wonder would you guys run a review that wasn't
flattering? I'm guessing yes as it would probably generate some good discussion.

GiJoe Battleship looks actually interesting. I loved the origianal and I like these new optional rules althougth the ultimate weapon is a tad over-board.

Overall keep up the great work. I need closure on EE though.

Later.

The Action Force article was nice and very informative