JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Q&A Answers - May 2010  (Read 4818 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Q&A Answers - May 2010
« on: May 21, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »

The newest Q & A answers are now in and posted here: http://www.joecanuck.com/site/?q=node/27
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:45:51 PM by THE Mikeā„¢ »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Q&A Answers - May 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
Joecanuck Asked:
In regard to the new GIJoe cartoon announced, will the Hub! be available in Canada?  If not, will it be playing on a Canadian specialty channel?
Hasbro Answered:
Sorry, we are not able to release this information at this time. 
From searching the Internet this is what I found:
Discovery Channel is rebranding the channel Discovery Kids to HUB, see the link below:
http://www.animationmagazine.net/article/11065#

The second thing I found was that Cours Entertainment who ownes the broadcast rights to Discovery Kids in Canada is cancelling the channel and is offering no replacement, for now see the link below:
http://www.channelcanada.com/Article3590.html

CTV made a deal with Discovery which gives them all rights to any new channel that Discovery makes for Canada, see the link below:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 3ab2b938a2

I hope this helps as we have to find are own answers!  :shifty:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »

First, I would like to say that I appreciate that Hasbro is providing the forum.

However, answers like this are the reasons for the low level of enthusiasm and participation in this event.

Honestly, these aren't well considered and thoughtful answers. These are the kind of answers that I provide to my children when I am busy doing other things.

I would expect that they would want to use this opportunity to create enthusiasm about Joe.

Do those answers seem enthusiastic? Are they building anything there?

This Q&A is a marketing opportunity for them that costs them nothing to take advantage of, and they're blowing it.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Honestly, these aren't well considered and thoughtful answers. These are the kind of answers that I provide to my children when I am busy doing other things.

You honesty made me laugh, as I have been in the same situation and felt bad afterwords for not giving my full attention.  I wonder if the person at Hasbro ever feels the guilt associated with neglect?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »

First, I would like to say that I appreciate that Hasbro is providing the forum.

However, answers like this are the reasons for the low level of enthusiasm and participation in this event.

I agree that question #1 was vague to the point of being no better than not answering, but I think this question:

Does the Design Team use influences from other media in the design of new Joes? I say this because one of the upcoming Dukes looks a lot like Solid Snake, and Shadow Tracker and the new Spirit look like they came from Predator...

...suffers from the common problem among these questions as I see it. Sneaking a statement in with the question. Hasbro is not a horse, it does not need a dangling carrot to lead it where you want to go.

Had this:

I say this because one of the upcoming Dukes looks a lot like Solid Snake, and Shadow Tracker and the new Spirit look like they came from Predator...

...been left off the question, Hasbro wouldn't have to worry about the implications of their answer. Telling them you don't just want an answer but you want to prove a theory makes it look like there is an ulterior motive. Mouths shut when people are nervous their words might be used out of context or against them.
Updated!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »

I would liked to have the US price drop question answered.  I figured it fell within the guidelines.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:33:22 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"

I agree that question #1 was vague to the point of being no better than not answering, but I think this question:

Does the Design Team use influences from other media in the design of new Joes? I say this because one of the upcoming Dukes looks a lot like Solid Snake, and Shadow Tracker and the new Spirit look like they came from Predator...

...suffers from the common problem among these questions as I see it. Sneaking a statement in with the question. Hasbro is not a horse, it does not need a dangling carrot to lead it where you want to go.

Had this:

I say this because one of the upcoming Dukes looks a lot like Solid Snake, and Shadow Tracker and the new Spirit look like they came from Predator...

...been left off the question, Hasbro wouldn't have to worry about the implications of their answer. Telling them you don't just want an answer but you want to prove a theory makes it look like there is an ulterior motive. Mouths shut when people are nervous their words might be used out of context or against them.

I have the feeling that we would have gotten the same answer rather MGS/Predator was mentioned or not.  They could have said, YES, Duke was influenced by Solid Snake plus X, and Billy and the Shadow Tracker have elements of Predator, X, and X in them.  THAT is the answer I was looking for.  Instead they give general, extremely corporate answers.  And this after they restrict the questions we can ask! 
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I would liked to have the US price drop question answered.  I figured it fell within the guidelines.

They answered my question ion ActionFigureNews.ca - with a non-answer.  They cannot comment on pricing...........
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.