JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!  (Read 27773 times)

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2010, 11:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "roger dodger"
The two French Canadians in front of me sipping Cokes were very nice and I really enjoyed talking to you guys as well. 

Overall, I've got to say that the line was one of my favorite parts of the con.

Ahem.. rhum and coke in fact..  :shifty:
It was nice to meet you btw.. the line was one of my favorite part of the event too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pluv

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »

My wife and I had a blast. The JoeCustoms booth will be there again next year and will hopefully have a customizing presentation too. Here are a few pics we took. Looking back I wish I took more pics throughout the day, but I spent a lot of time talking to people and putting faces to online names or meeting new people. Larry and Mark were courteous and entertaining guests as usual. Wish I could have made it to the Hoffman presentation.
http://www.joecustoms.com/albums/index.php/2010_CJC

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2010, 07:47:35 AM »

Quote from: "pluv"
My wife and I had a blast. The JoeCustoms booth will be there again next year and will hopefully have a customizing presentation too. Here are a few pics we took. Looking back I wish I took more pics throughout the day, but I spent a lot of time talking to people and putting faces to online names or meeting new people. Larry and Mark were courteous and entertaining guests as usual. Wish I could have made it to the Hoffman presentation.
http://www.joecustoms.com/albums/index.php/2010_CJC

It was you at the JoeCustom booth... I didn't know who you are... I talked with you about the little fire and the flames uses for the jet troopers...

See you next year!

Martin

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

Quote from: "xhairs"
Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Anyone else suffering con withdrawl?  Im already eager to go back but we have so long to go lol
i am man.

Yeah, it was a sad realization that I couldn't dig through the accessories tub the next morning.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2010, 12:16:22 PM »

Quote from: "pluv"
My wife and I had a blast. The JoeCustoms booth will be there again next year and will hopefully have a customizing presentation too. [/url]

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »

Furthermore and now that things are slowly coming back to normal here in Montreal:

I'd like to thank the team for putting up together another day that I call personally a typical Canadian Gi Joe celebration day.

I have to admit that It was hard for me to appreciate the greatness of this year's con on the very same day and even the next morning as I typed my post from one of the hotel's internet stations about how I felt about it. What I have to tell you now, and only two fellow montrealers that came with me knew already to a certain extent, is that things turned bad for me a couple of days just before the con. I even considered not coming at all. This is not the first time I come so close to not attending, but hey I'm still here for the love of Gi joe, and you're still there, that's what matters. It was worth attending and see you guys smile, see entire families smile. I did have fun in the end thanks to all the positive energy emaning from you guys and the guests too. Not seeing Mary made me a bit more sad, but I heard that she'll still attend in the future. No offense to Larry Hama, he is an extremely knowledgable person to summarize in a few words but I was unavoidibly slipping into a coma during his presentation (I had accumulated lack of sleep from all week and didn't get to sleep much in the passenger's rear seat to make up for it I can't sleep enough in car rides, buses or planes anyway - I blame the wonderful world of architecture) but stayed out of respect for the man who gave life to ARAH. It was worth it to stay seated anyway because I kind of woke up when my friend asked about the C.o.p.s. line question and that's when I learned that Beach head's son is an elite cop fighting crime in the future time! Zach was a blast and perhaps a friend anyone would like to have I'm sure. I didn't record his impersonation of him as Zartan punishing me for failing him again but it's all in my head and for me alone to treasure over and over again. If I hadn't come, I would've missed out on all this, and completing some neat items of my collection too that I have been dying to complete for awhile now.

I have to admit that I even had mixed feelings about the con set the very same day of the con, but the comic book which I find personnaly to be the definitive master centerpiece cleared everything for me in the next day or so. The power of the comic book is indeed mysterious, yet very powerful. Thanks Mike and Loo and all those responsible for delivering this gem, you guys made a big difference for this Joe Canuck fan as I will most definetely cherrish these as well as translating these guys to the ARAH style. It's already in the works. Perhaps I didn't get number 22, but I don't need to be luckier than I already am to have been a part of this special day.

Keep it up Joe Canuck team as you always do anyway to go beyond yourselves to deliver the best.

Cheers to all and see you next year!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:31:48 PM by THE Mike™ »
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:11 PM »

Glad you came even though you weren't feeling well LJ!

Also, sorry, I clicked Edit first and typed this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:34:31 PM by THE Mike™ »

night force cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »

Latinjoe22 made this work of art, I could only briefly admire it   

:timbits:

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »

I would love to learn to do that!

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

sweeet!
Wherever you go, there you are.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »

Quote from: "night force cynic"
Latinjoe22 made this work of art, I could only briefly admire it   

:timbits:
Seriously, LJ is a God! From head to toes..  :-*

roger dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »

[/quote]

Ahem.. rhum and coke in fact..  :shifty:
It was nice to meet you btw.. the line was one of my favorite part of the event too!
[/quote]

Shhh! I was trying to be discreet about that. But seriously, you guys were very cool and I enjoyed talking to you.