JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Con Sets On E-Bay  (Read 58145 times)

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Con Sets On E-Bay
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "canprime"
That said I really think you need to put someone on the line right away.  I know, I know, you guys have a ton to do, but it seems clear that someone assoicated with the con should be monitoring the line from the beginning.  Whether that is Midnight, or 1am.  They can hand out numbers/wristbands and take information on the people in line.

Midnight/1 AM is hindsight.  Nobody expected people to line up that early.  

And as a volunteer, your shitting me if you expect me to play line cop duty at that time and expect to stand up for the rest of the day and then go to the Taste of the Danforth.  

That's right, why should you, Mike or any other staff or volunteer be out playing line cop when if I remember correctly no one was to line up at those times but wait until the next morning. Also I could wrong but I don't think Mike or his people get paid or make money off this event personaly. So they should not have to go to extreme lengths to please you guys. People should be thankful with what they receive already from Joecanuck staff and volunteers. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »

Quote from: "Bandalero"
Pete the Greek I commend you on having enough stamina to leave the convention and attend the Taste on the Danforth!  WOOPAHH!

I considered it punishment from my wife.  She sprung this on me when I was going back home from the convention.  My legs were dead.  They were even worse when I had to walk blocks away from the Danforth to find parking and then go through the sea of people on the Danforth.  I found it over-rated. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2010, 11:39:22 PM »

Quote from: "Editor"
Was the line officially set? Then while it wasn't expected, the ability was there to tell people that the line was unofficial and would not be honored when an official one was set up at the announced time.

No, it was not officially set.  Details of it were mentioned before the convention.

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/http ... 760#p41760

Here are the key ones:

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
CONVENTION BOX SET EXCLUSIVES
As per the Hotel’s request, there will be NO overnight “camping” for the exclusives.
The earliest they would like people to line up is 6am. If the Sheraton staff asks you to leave prior to that time, we ask that you please respect their wishes and do so.

Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Quote from: "pdaat"
Hey Mike - how about not putting up the "Line Starts Here" sign until about 05:55 that morning.  I think that would keep people away until close to 6am and relieve a lot of anxiety of Con Goers.

And what about those that show up 20 minutes earlier and line up in the wrong spot? How do I handle the anger that they'll have for waiting already - even though I've asked that they don't until 6am?

No. It stays the same as I have plenty more to oversee than the line-up.

Last time I check, I don't think Best Buy or Future Shop has workers outside when a certain group of Mac lovers camp out over night for the latest Imaxipad or something.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2010, 08:18:34 AM »

Sorry to go off topic here but I wanted to post a question about this thread.  I have only been on this forum for about a short time and wanted to know if this was the biggest thread of this forum with so may posts?  If not which one is and can this one beat it?
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 08:19:51 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Sorry to go off topic here but I wanted to post a question about this thread.  I have only been on this forum for about a short time and wanted to know if this was the biggest thread of this forum with so may posts?  If not which one is and can this one beat it?

Nevermind I saw the Quebec sightings thread... 20 pages long...
Lurking

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »

A guy from the Philippines contacted me via Facebook.  I got him a comic (which he has declined) and has offered $200.  I'll hold out for $500 (still not selling)...
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

spiderpumpkin

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »

Sure are a lot of sets on eBay.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:45:31 PM by spiderpumpkin »

spiderpumpkin

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

Add a SNAKE and the 2010 CanJoeCon sets go for over $800.  Wow.  The other day 2 sets without the SNAKE went for just over $300.  Is the SNAKE worth $500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-CANADIAN-G-I-J ... ltDomain_2

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Canadian-G-I-J ... ltDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-2010-CANADIA ... ltDomain_2
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:48:34 PM by spiderpumpkin »

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »

:o 800$!! cool.. a profit of 650$.. not bad at all!

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »

Quote from: "spiderpumpkin"
Add a SNAKE and the 2010 CanJoeCon sets go for over $800.  Wow.  The other day 2 sets without the SNAKE went for just over $300.  Is the SNAKE worth $500?

I don't think the SNAKE worth 500$.  It's probably because the guy is giving a 25th Sanke Eyes.
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »

Quote from: "joss789"
I don't think the SNAKE worth 500$.  It's probably because the guy is giving a 25th Sanke Eyes.

Haha, yeah sure!  ;D Sanke Eyes is a rare, hard to find, scarce and very limited figure..  :shifty:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:30:28 PM by 5h4rK »

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
:o 800$!! cool.. a profit of 650$.. not bad at all!

$800???? Wow. I wish I had known that. I would have dragged my whole family, including grandma, to the con and bought a bunch of sets. Oh wait, someone else already did that.  ;D