JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: POC in Saskatchewan  (Read 6964 times)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
POC in Saskatchewan
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »

Seen a THIRD restock of POV wave 1 at a local Walmart, after having POC  wave 2 on the pegs last week--apparently one case of Wave 2 was put on the pegs and sold out lickedy-split.
There is some disparity in how the stores are stocking the Joes, because selection is all across the board depending on which store you visit.
Vehicles are not moving much at all, but most figures are. Dukes and Storm Shadows are common, Desert Battle Snake Eyes also.
I imagine that ones Wave 2 stock catches up, it'll be plentiful--but its hard to say because we are getting close to X-mas.
My guess is we could see stock of Wave 3 sometime in the next 2 months.

No sign of POC in major retailers other than Walmart here yet. TRU and Zellers have not stocked them..............yet.
My guess is once they do, it might become very easy to find what you want.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: POC in Saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »

interesting. In Manitoba I've yet to see any of wave 2 besides at the McPhillips Wal-Mart mentioned in another topic. I suppose I should go check again.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »

Most of my wave 2 finds have been at my LCS- but scored a Jungle Viper and a Destro at a Walmart.
Of note that my LCS is charging only $9.99 ea, where as the Wally price is $7.92--so the mark-up is not bad.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »

Seeing POC 1 still on the pegs here, restocks of some wave 2 vehicles like HISS tanks etc.....previous vehicles are NOT selling here. Christmas season will tell.
Of note: POC COBRA Commander figures are showing up on pegs here-- seen 3 in one store, 2 in another--so these are definitely NOT hard to find ( for a chase figure certainly).

Also of interest: ROC has disappeared at discount at TRU. only a lonely Baroness figure on the pegs at my area TRU, and some Rip Attack vehicles, did not see any of the previously plentiful Stingray sets.

Large stockpile of True Heroes ( Chap Mei) sets at TRU, a LOT of different military sets, Chinook copters, riverboats, F-22s, as well as Little Bird sets, and Fire-Police items, and seeing some Fantasy ( sword&sorcery) sets. These items are taking up one whole side of a row section, which used to share space with Joes--so the True Heroes brand is getting a big push at this time.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:24:17 AM »

Quote from: "ARROW"
Seeing POC 1 still on the pegs here, restocks of some wave 2 vehicles like HISS tanks etc.....previous vehicles are NOT selling here. Christmas season will tell.
Of note: POC COBRA Commander figures are showing up on pegs here-- seen 3 in one store, 2 in another--so these are definitely NOT hard to find ( for a chase figure certainly).

Also of interest: ROC has disappeared at discount at TRU. only a lonely Baroness figure on the pegs at my area TRU, and some Rip Attack vehicles, did not see any of the previously plentiful Stingray sets.

Large stockpile of True Heroes ( Chap Mei) sets at TRU, a LOT of different military sets, Chinook copters, riverboats, F-22s, as well as Little Bird sets, and Fire-Police items, and seeing some Fantasy ( sword&sorcery) sets. These items are taking up one whole side of a row section, which used to share space with Joes--so the True Heroes brand is getting a big push at this time.

I have yet to see wave 2 at anywhere in Winnipeg's region besides the one at the one McPhilips Wal-mart or comic shops (and that was just one set). As for the True Heroes stuff I can't fathom why they're getting such a big push, no one I know has ever bought their stuff. Good ideas but average product.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:51:24 AM »

Quote from: "B"
Quote from: "ARROW"

I have yet to see wave 2 at anywhere in Winnipeg's region besides the one at the one McPhilips Wal-mart or comic shops (and that was just one set). As for the True Heroes stuff I can't fathom why they're getting such a big push, no one I know has ever bought their stuff. Good ideas but average product.

I have and the vehicles are awesome. You don't buy True Hereos for the figures as they are pure junk, but the vehicles are a different story.

A bought the Black Hawk from them and I LOVE that thing. I think it's the best 3 3/4 scale helicopter I've ever owned.

If you ever see this one sale, buy one. At first you might be "meh" but after a couple of days it will grow on you.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3433758
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:33:15 PM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »

The True Heroes sets are nice looking--I have my eye on several of the vehicles for possible future purchases. They are nicely detailed, colourful toys--but as said, the figures are junk.

One tip: the Chinook copter set ( and the very hard-to-find up here V-22 Osprey set) can fit a classic VAMP inside it.
Rolls right into and fits inside the cargo hold. That is a HUGE plus for that set.
Sets like the Black Hawk can be tricked out with stickers from after-market suppliers for the GIJOE hobby--like COBRA-decals, for example.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:52 AM »

True Hereos is pushing the Medieval Theme now as they have a Castle that looks fantastic! (possible Destro Castle playset?  :shifty:
Lurking

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »

Wave 2 POC figures showing nice and strong now at local Walmarts. My step-son found  me a Recondo last night--only one on the shelf--so he's short-packed in the cases here.
Walmart is deep into their X-mas stock now, as a lot of vehicles are put on the shelves, and a good amount of figures. Reported a lot of Jungle-Vipers and Alley-Vipers on the pegs.
Wave 3 could hit just before X-mas.......or early January-- likely as LCS's  or Walmart--doubtful that TRU here will see ANY POC for a while yet--as Joes are practically gone from TRU shelves.

Joes are a MINOR toy-line here though--the big pushes are for Transformers, Star Wars and Iron Man, in that order.
TRU had a good amount of recent Iron Man figures, including Ultimate Iron Man, Mandarin, comic Whiplash, modern armour etc.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:51:08 PM »

Wave 3 found today, in both larger and smaller retailers on the snowy Prairie lands...

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 06:38:42 PM »

Seeing restocks of Wave 3 figures, and some Wave 2 at Walmarts. Only Awe strikers and Ice cutters at same.  No more Wave 1, or Wave 4 ( yet).
If you are looking for Shock Troopers or the new Snake Eyes, you might need to time it right, as they are not common currently.
Zellers are better for Wave 2 items like Recondo or Jungle Vipers.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »

My local TRU has a LARGE amount of POC figures on the pegs. Wave 3 Snake-eyes, desert Storm Shadow, Missile Duke, Jungle Vipers, Jungle Bats, Beach Head, Alley Vipers, Cobra Commanders, Blowtorch, Cobra Troopers, and General Hawk- about a 1/2 dozen of each figure on the pegs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:36:35 PM by ARROW »